Chapter 1 - Moving

^^ Chloe Johnson portrayed by Madison Beer ^^

Driving up my driveway, in desperate need of my warm and cosy bed. Thank god is Friday , no homework! I hurriedly exit my car into the sizzling heat of Houston Texas to the front door. As I enter I'm welcomed by the unique and intriguing sent of my home.

Rain and library books. Weird combo I know but I wouldn't have it any other way. Sliding my shoes off at the front entrance I make my way to the kitchen to nourish my body before I cave away in my room for the weekend.

"Chloe? Is that you?" My mum asks from the living room. My mum is really beautiful. Her long brown hair and slightly tanned curvy body (witch I was thankfully blessed with) brings out all her distinctive features. Her right blue eyes and her natural cheerful self can light up any room she steps in.

"Yes it's me. Your home early" I state the obvious.

"Yeah the hospital let me off early today" She anxiously replies. It's very rare for my mother to be anxious or stressed as she has trained herself knowing she wanted to be a nurse and all the stress it puts you under. So times she's stressed means she's weary of something... and something important.

"Mum what's wrong?"

"Nothing to worry about sweetie, it's just your father and I need to have a chat with you"

"Okay?" I'm eyeing her weirdly at the moment. She leads me to the dining table. She is making me worried, when was the last time we all had a serious talk, that one, made my mother anxious and two, in the dining room. Never.

I take a seat an my father is already seated looking very professional. My father is a very successful business man here in Houston. He is a handsome dark skinned man, him and my mother are perfect together with their different skins and personalities. I believe I got my father's personality and sarcasm (and the lame dad jokes). His brown hair is hang down onto his forehead and his scruff is now longer than normal.

"What is going on guys?" I'm getting worried now. Is it about my grades. They are aware of how much I'm struggling in school and the teasing that comes along with it.

"Honey we have some important news to discuss with you" Dad says with a little bit of uneasiness audible.

"Is it about my grades?" I asked before anyone can say anything.

"Yes and no. More no though" Mum says. What? Sensing my question mum answers. "We are moving Chlo. Your father got a promotion to California."

It took a moment for the news to break in.

"That's great dad!" I sprung from my seat to wrap my arms around his neck. My dad was as still as a rock and he slowly wrapped his arms around me. After I untangled myself from him I looked at the two of them, they both had shocked and surprised expressions on their faces.

"What?"

"Nothing... We thought you would be upset or angry with us."

"Why would I be angry when you got a promotion on a job you love? What kind of daughter/person do you think I am?" I acclaimed. Appalled they had lowered my standers like some kind of spoilt bitch.

"We didn't mean it like that. We thought it would upset you that you will be leaving your school and friends." Mum said lightly.

"I mean yeah I'll miss them, but it's not like I'm disappearing of the face of the earth. We can Skype, text and visit each other on holidays. And who knows the new school might even give me a new start, with all the events that happened here I'm willing to to start fresh and see it it takes me somewhere positive."

"When did we get such a wise and amazing daughter?" My mum asks lovingly.

"Since my white chocolate mamma and dark chocolate daddy mixed together to make creamy, milk chocolate Chloe."

A/N

Hello... So this is my first time ever writing a story on Wattpad. I've had this idea in my mind for a while and thought I'd start writing it.

Just so some of you are aware I am not from America so that is why some words will probably be spelt differently.

Again this is my first book so the grammar and punctuation are not going to be amazing yet.

Comment what you thought and vote if you think it deserves it. I'm always welcome to constructive criticism but negative criticism is not tolerated. I am a human being like you and I have feelings too.