13.

~Chapter 13: Be Careful What You Wish For~

The weekend arrives much quicker than I expected, wanted, or needed it to. And in all honesty my anxieties were at an all-time high. What was supposed to just be a simple outing with Luhan has turned in to -what feels like- the most stressful moment of my life. In the span of a measly 30 minutes I've put on and taken off nearly outfit that I own.

No matter how many outfits I've tried on, combinations I've coordinated, or articles I've switched, nothing seems right. Nothing feels right. What's worse is that it's only a lunch...and he won't even be able to look at me extendedly anyway since we're going to be out in public in the 2nd ring. Why am I so caught up in finding the right outfit?

Because I still feel like I need to look nice.

I want to look nice. If this is actually going to be a date, then I deserve to look nice. I want him to think that I look nice...

I still don't want to look too eager, or like I tried too hard to dress myself up. As true as both statements are, I don't need him to know that. He already has a big ego; I don't need to feed it any more.

A sigh falls from my lips.

I know nothing can happen between us. In any form, at any time. Nothing serious at least. I'm a human girl, and he's just one of the Queen's Charmers. Sure, I can like him secretly. That won't do any harm. I'm allowed to have a teeny tiny crush on the guy. Who wouldn't? But how would we ever manage a relationship if we're both servants to the Queen? Servants who work closely under the Queen.

It's funny. We're from entirely different worlds, and yet here I am worrying about my outfit as if this is going to be the occasion that marks the beginning of the rest of our lives together.

How pathetic.

I stare at my reflection for the umpteenth time and frown. "That's it. I'm wearing jeans." I decide. I rush back out of the bathroom to throw on a pair of light wash jeans and a long sleeved orange shirt. I twist my hair into a braid, and call it a day. Slipping on a pair of brown boots I walk towards the living room where Luhan should be waiting.

He stands up from the couch upon my entry. "I tried to talk them out of it." He says exasperatedly. I tilt my head in confusion, I don't understand his words until Kris, Tao, and Jongin come in through the front door.

"The car is ready to go." Kris announces with a smile.

**

Turns out that what was supposed to be another one on one lesson has turned into what I can only call a field trip. Kris says it is an "advanced lesson", but Tao and Jongin appeared way too excited for this to just be a lesson. As soon as we all got settled in the car I was told the new plans for the day.

Kris turns around from the driver's seat to look at Tao, Jongin, and I in the back seat.

"Alright, I hope you guys are ready." He looks at me specifically. "We're going to the big shopping center of the 2nd ring, and then you're going back to the 3rd ring." His tone is light, and it's scaring me. Why is everyone so excited to go out today? It's never fun going out in public...definitely not for them. And why would we go back to the third ring?

"Why the-"

"Kris thinks that it's best for you to also try what you've learned around other humans. We won't see any around and about in this part of the capital. So Kris, Jongin, and I are going to go with you to the shopping center in this ring and you'll learn how to eat properly, and then we're going to hand you over to Tao and Jongin. They're going to go with you in the 3rd ring."