Rejection

//8//

"Hey, lil' sis!" Trojan squealed, running over to give me a giant hug. I laughed weakly and gently pushed his away.

"Sorry, but no. I'm not in the mood." I was now two months along, with a good sized bump. I had been having crazy morning sickness and was starting to fall behind in school due to ‘sick’ days. I had talked to my guidance counselor about arranging a schedule for later on in the pregnancy, and for when the babies were born. I was totally unprepared – I mean, I could have six little life forms on my hands! The doctors had confirmed a fourth baby, but I was going back today for hopefully a final counting. Then in about two more months, I got to find out the genders! I was eating healthy and adding lots of calories and vitamins into my daily diet. I was trying to move away from the topic of the Baby Daddy as much as possible.

The only problem was that the only people who knew about the pregnancy were me, my family, and Jace. Today was the day that I told Sonny and Ally. I knew I shouldn’t be worried, but I was.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Crap. I quickly tugged on a hooded, adjusting it just so that my bump wouldn’t show so much. Then I got up and sluggishly walked to the front door.

“Hey!” Sonny cheered, awkwardly. Ally stood behind her, eyeing me in disgust as if she could read my mind.

“Hi, guys.” I faked a smile as I led them to my room. The room was filled with an aura that made it feel like that first time your friend comes over in the seventh grade.

“So, what’s up babe?” Sonny asked, concerned.

“Guys... do you promise that you won’t get mad at me?”

“Why, what did you do? Just get to the point already. Gosh, Em.” Ally scoffed. She smacked her gum and flipped her hair. Alright, she had changed. I was furious at her right now. If it were any other day, she would’ve been supportive of me.

“Fine.” I growled. “I’m pregnant.”

Both of them just sat there in shock, looking at me like I was an alien. I bit my lip but it didn’t stop the tears from falling. I wrapped my arms around my baby bump and curled into a tight ball, sobbing. I looked up just as Sonny and Ally stormed out of the room with disgusted faces.

I cried myself to sleep, only to be woken by the familiar feeling of nausea.