chapter 1

My name is Isabella and I live in Grover Beach, California. It's a small town but i don't really care because I've lived here for 14 years. I love it here I live by the beach but its private the public beach is a couple of miles from here. I go to the beach to think or just relax and surf in the ocean.

I'm in 8th grade and I don't have that many friends. I only have 2 friends and they're my best friends, without them i don't know what i would do. I've known them since 2nd grade. Everyone says that I'm a nerd because I love to read and also because I get 98's on all my subjects.

So that's why I only have 2 friends, which are Natalia and Joshua. I have had a crush on Joshua since 4th grade but I don't think he likes me back.I haven't had my first boyfriend because I don't like them except for Joshua. Also because the guys at my school say that, "I'm a nerd and a freak." They bully me, except for Natalia and Joshua they support me through everything.

I haven't told Natalia that I like Joshua because she told me that she liked him and I don't want to ruin our friendship because we both like Joshua. Joshua has had many girlfriends but he ends up breaking up with them because he says that there is nothing of what he is looking for in a girl. I don't know what he means by that because the girls are really pretty.

Joshua is tall and cute and his eyes are amazing they sparkle in the sun because there light blue. Enough talking about Joshua now let's talk about Natalia. Natalia is also really pretty and she's almost as tall as me but she's a little shorter. She has had her first boyfriend but they only dated for like a month before Natalia broke up with him because she realized she liked Joshua. She hasn't dated anyone since she said that she liked him.