Chapter 2

Jake slowly leaned to the left to look around the booth and saw Jess sitting beside Ross. Adam and Red were sitting on the other side.

"You best be happy we decided to go here Ross." Jake saw Adam say.

"I won hide and seek, fair and square." Ross replied.

Jake sat in silence in fear to even speak to them. He sat until he got done eating and watched them get up and begin to leave. As they walked by, Jess waved at Jake and he smiled and waved back. They began walking out the door.

Jake got a fierce jump of energy within him and put his laptop away and got out his skateboard. He ran out the door and saw the two separate cars leaving and one was to far away. He skated to the last leaving one that was pulling out of the parking lot and grabbed onto the back bumper. He was in fear and excited as well. He couldn't let go or he would speed off, who knows where. So he held on until he came to a stop about 15 minutes later.

His ears were ringing when they came to a stop and he saw Jess get out of the car. She turned around and became a little shocked to see him standing there.

"How did you get here?" Jess said.

Jake barely heard her over the ringing in his ears, he began to speak but slowly fell down and everything went black.

^~^

Jake woke up and his head was pounding, yet he was on a soft surface. He slowly tilted his head up and saw that he was sitting on a couch. He heard some movement coming from behind him, but it hurt to turn his head. He saw a man come from around the side of the couch and he gave Jake a damp rag.

"Put this over your forehead." He said.

Jake brushed his blonde hair away from his forehead and put the rag on it, he then began to speak, "J... Jason?" he stuttered slightly.

Jason cocked his head sideways, "How do you know who I am?"

"The last thing I saw was Jess, so I just assumed." He said quietly.

"So you know us, anyway why were you here? And how did you get here?" Jason said.

"Well I saw her at IHOP and I just got the ambition to tag along on one of the cars, I just didn't know what to do... I am an Orphan and I was getting kicked out of my orphanage anyway, so I left. That's why I went to IHOP." Jake said.

Jason nodded his head, "I'll be right back." He said and disappeared.

A few moments later he heard someone coming back. This time it was Jess.

Jake tried to sit up and she sat down beside him and pushed him back into a laying down position. "Don't strain yourself, Jason told me but he didn't tell me your name, could you?"

Jake sat quietly for a moment and muttered the words, "Jake..."

Jess nodded her head slightly, "So do you know what happened to your parents?"

Jake felt a small tension rising withing him and clenched his fists, "They abandoned me at birth, so I got stuck at that orphanage, I've been there to long."

Jess got up and walked over to the T.V. stand in front of the couch and grabbed her phone.  

"What are you doing?"  Jake asked confusingly.

"I'm texting Adam that I'll be going over to the office and talk about you with everyone else."  She said calmly.

Jake looked at the ceiling, "Sky, Ross, Max, Red, Barney, and others."  He thought to himself.

"Can you walk?"  Jess asked nicely.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Jake replied.

Jake walked towards the door and grabbed his bag and threw it over his shoulder.  

"We'll be back soon."  Jess yelled up at Jason who was with Joseph and Julia. 

Jake got into the car with Jess and they pulled out of the driveway and started off towards Bellevue.

^~^

Jake sat in the car quietly as Jess approached the office. They pulled into the parking lot and Jess began to get out.

"Wait..." Jake said before she got out.

"What is it." Jess asked.

"What do you think you guys will decide to do with me?" Jake asked.

"I... don't know..." Jess said slowly.

Jake sighed and nodded his head and got out of the car. They both walked into the building and Jess led Jake up a stairway. They got to a door and Jess opened it slowly. They walked into a hallway which led into a large room. Adam came from a different hallway.

"There you guys are!" he said cheerfully.

Jake was excited to see Adam in person but he couldn't smile because he felt as if he would be stuck in a different orphanage within the next hour or so.

"Where should we talk?" Jess asked.

"Probably on the couch I open fan mail at, there should be plenty of room there."

They all walked into the room and Jake sat on the left side, Jess in the middle, and Adam on the right. Red walked in afterwards and sat on the floor to listen in.

Jess informed Adam of what Jake told her.

"So, what do we do now?" Adam said.

"I don't know, what do you want to do Jake?" Jess asked him.

"I just don't want to go back to that damn orphanage." He said looking at the ground.

Adam leaned forward, put his elbows on his knees, and rubbed his face with his hands. Jess looked at the ground for a moment and thought to herself.

Jess leaned forward and signaled Adam to come talk to her in private. They got up and Red waved at Jake. Jake waved back, "Big fan."

Red smiled, "Thanks."

Jess and Adam walked in and they both looked pretty excited.

"What did you decide?" Jake asked.

Jess smiled and said, "How would you like to be the fifth J of my family?"

So I was a little late on the chapter, mainly because I've been busy with school and such, but I'll work hard this week and this upcoming weekend I'll post five chapters! I hope you guys like this story so far! -Kyriin

Adopted by Jessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें