Chapter 3

Jake sat in awe in Jess' comment. His eyes flashed back to his whole life being stuck in the cell of a room, in that prison of an orphanage. He was able to go to school and such but never had a real place to call home. He didn't know the meaning of home, where a mom welcome's you home from school, where a dad talk's to you about your next baseball game. Where you get terrorized by sibling, this is the meaning of home.

Tears welled up in Jake's eyes and he let one slip down the side of his face. It wasn't a cold, sad tear, but a warm, happy one. He tried to speak but couldn't find the words, until he came to a answer.

"It would be an honor." He said with a slight smile.

Jess smiled brightly and her face grew dim for a moment, "But we need to take you back to the orphanage you were in so we can get all your paperwork."

Jake nodded his head and put his face into his hands and began to think to himself. To call Jess my mom, to go to a different school, to know a family. This is what he wanted for his entire life.

He pulled his hands out of his face, "Can we go now, and get it over with."

Jess nodded her head and smiled, "Welcome to the family! But I need to talk to Jason, I'm sure he'll approve, especially if that kid can take care of everyday activities!"

She chuckled to herself while grabbing her phone and proceeded to call Jason in the other hallway.

Adam walked over and sat beside Jake, "Well I guess we should get to know each other." he said and extended his hand and Jake shook it.

^~^

"So you think I could have a YouTube channel?" Jake asked.

"Well sure, anyone can have one, and succeed well." Adam replied.

Jess walked back into the main room, it had been about 15 minutes.

"We'll have to go to the orphanage tomorrow, it's already 7:30." She said.

Jake nodded, "Well, nice meeting you Sky...er... Adam." he said.

Adam smiled, "Nice meeting you to!"

Jake and Jess walked towards the door which led downstairs and out, as they walked out Jake waved goodbye to Adam and Red. Soon enough the door was closed behind them and they were on there way home.

^~^

Jake got into the passenger side of the car and leaned his head back and sighed. Jess put the key in

the ignition and started up the vehicle.

Jake looked at the ceiling of the car and then at Jess, "Where will I sleep?" he asked.

"On the couch tonight, then we'll probably give you the guest room." She replied and slowly backed out of her parking space and out onto the street.

Jake sat quietly in the seat and looked out the window at the building's almost flying by. This was the start of a new life, and he knew it. He had no idea of what was going to happen in the future, and he would be scared to see what would become of his new life, yet he wasn't. He was excited for the fact that, in the first time of his life, he had a place to call home.

Hey guys, I know I'm a day late, and well I don't have a very good explanation. But I think this book is proceeding very well, I'd also like to say that chapters are going to be around 400-700 words, unless I'm in the mood to type a 1,000 word every now and then. Next Chapter will be up on Wednesday. Hope you guys are doing well. -Kyriin