Human!Arcanine x Reader (pt. 2)

They go into a nice but not fancy restaurant. They are seated by this kind waitress and sit at a table that's in the corner. The air is tense as they sit with (Y/n) in the middle. She looks at both of them wondering why they both look upset.

"A-are you guys ok?" she worriedly states.

They both look at her and accidentally say in unison, "Oh, yeah I'm fine." This makes them look up and glare at each other.

(Y/n) breaks the awkward silence of Alex and Arcanine just staring at each other, "So, how have your travels been Alex?"

Alex stops the glaring contest and looks at (Y/n) and says, "Oh, its been wonderful. I've seen many new things and Pokemon. How have you been here?"

(Y/n) smiles, "Well to be honest, I was quite lonely when you left. I didn't know what to do."

Alex eyes soften and he speaks quietly, "I'm sorry I-"

He was cut off by her saying, "There's no need to apologize, because soon after I met Arcanine. He's kept me company and we've had a lot of fun together!" She then looks at Arcanine, who's cheeks are tinted with pink, and smiles brightly.

Alex looks away, "I-I'm glad you had fun while I was away."

Arcanine smirks as he senses the anger in Alex's voice. Arcanine grabs (Y/n)'s hand, "Yep, we've had a lot of fun without you."

Alex then looks at him with anger in his eyes. He then grabs (Y/n)'s other hand and says, "Well we have a lot of fun memories together."

She blushes as both of the boys hold her hands. But it quickly fades when both of them let go and stand up. Her eyes widen as they do so, very confused on whats happening.

"Well we have a lot more memories since we've known each other longer!" Alex says loudly.

"Well we have better memories because we're closer!" Arcanine almost yells.

"G-guys-" She gets cut off.

"No we're closer!"

The two males look at her, including the whole restaurant, and they say again in unison "Who do you like better?"

She stares at them embarrassed, "W-What?"

Alex sits down and sits closer to her and says, "Its me, right? We've know each other forever." She looks at him; her eyes softening.

But then someone grabs her hand and pulls her a bit, making her face them. Her face just inches away from Arcanine, he looked at her with serious and passionate eyes. Her cheeks flare with red, he's never looked at her like that before. What seems to be hours of them just staring at each other is just a few seconds.

Arcanine then says quietly, "We may have not known each other as long, but the amount we have known each other was full of us making memories. And I know, I know you better than anyone else."

His words surprised and touched (Y/n). Her heart beats faster and louder, feeling as if it might explode any second. She breaks into a heartfelt smile and open her mouth to say something but before she can do so; Arcanine says something that surprises her even more.

"I love you (Y/n)."

Her eyes widen, 'I cant believe it.' she thought to herself. She looks into his green eyes that look back into her (e/c) ones awaiting an answer. She takes in a deep breath and closes her eyes already knowing her answer. She opens her eyes that are filled with seriousness.

"I love you too." She smiles at him.

He returns her smile. He then leans down and puts his lips against hers. Her, again, having another surprised look but it fades into her closing her eyes and kissing him back. They part after a few seconds, but even though it was a short kiss a lot of sparks happened.

Everyone in the restaurant claps, except for one boy.

Alex.

They look at him as he has a shocked look on his face. (Y/n) blushes, but Arcanine just smirks.

Alex then stands up and looks away, "I cant believe I lost."

(Y/n) looks at him confusedly, "What do you mean?"

Alex smiles sadly at her and says "Maybe another day I'll tell you." He then ruffles her hair.

"H-hey." She says and puts her hands on the top of her head as she puffs out her cheeks like a child.

He laughs a little and then walks over to Arcanine. He looks at him seriously and states "You better treat her well or else."

He smirks at him, "Ofcourse I will treat her well."

Alex scoffs and rolls his eyes. He turns back to (Y/n) and says "I'll see you later; I'll be in town for a few more days so we will hang out then."

(Y/n) nods "Ok, see you!" she smiles. He then walks away and out of the restaurant.

Arcanine grabs her hand and says "I think its time to leave."

(Y/n) just nods and follows him out. They walk back in silence until (Y/n) sees the hill she was lying on this morning. "Today was an eventful day." She sighed happily.

Arcanine looks at her and smiles, "Sure was, I think dinner was my favorite part."

(Y/n)'s eyes widen, "Dinner!"

Arcanine looks at her and raises his eyebrow indicating he didn't know what she meant.

"We forgot to actually get any food, we just went to the restaurant and left without eating anything!" She sighs sadly.

Arcanine laughs at her. "Well then, I'll just make you something at the house."

She narrows her eyes at him and says, "But you don't know how to cook."

"Don't worry, I'll start to cook and realize my talents and it will turn out fine." He gives her a big smile.

She giggles, "Ok chef master."

He laughs and they both head home hand-in-hand, smiling and laughing the whole time.
——————
Authors note-
Hey! It's pretty bad, I really didn't know what to write, sorry😅

And the pic up top~ doesn't Gary look sooooo cute with the sweet little eevees (/)///w///(\)