Whatever You Want Us To Be

(Description)Lauren and Camila met each other on tumblr. Camila messaged Lauren first on anonymous, but later on revealed herself as waakeme-up. Seeing as the tumblr. messaging system is terrible, Lauren asked for Camila's number and got it. They've been texting nearly nonstop for the past 4 months, but that's the thing. They've only texted.

Within the 4 months they've been talking and flirting, Lauren began to really, really, like Camila. They flirted a lot, occasionally sexting (no nudes (not that sending nudes is a problem it's not they just never did) just talk really), they had each other on Snapchat, followed each other on Instagram, etc. On one night, Drunk Lauren was drunk texting Camila and told Camila that she liked her. Camila said she likes her, too, and that was it. 4 months. Constant flirting and texting, but nothing more. Oh, how much Lauren craved for more. She is currently texting Camila now, about that one drunk night, but this time she's sober.

Lauren: tbh you're the first girl to really like me, well at least I hope you like me lol

Camila: Of course I really like you, Lo. I'm not gonna lie about that

Lauren: god I don't think I'll ever get tired of you saying that, it still baffles me

Camila: Why is that?

Lauren: I don't know, I kinda always thought this was a one-sided thing, and idk I'll never be able to understand why people like me idk sorry

Camila: Don't be sorry, babe. Just know that I do like you, and it's most definitely not one sided.

Lauren: but like, why?

Camila: Because. You're absolutely adorable and you're a sweetheart and you make me laugh and you're just you. You literally make me feel so many things just with the words I read on my screen. I really do like you.

"This is your chance Lauren. Be smooth about it. Come on; ask her if she wants to talk on the phone or Skype. You can do it." Lauren said to herself as she stared at her phone screen.

Lauren: instead of reading the words, do you want to hear them?

She waits a couple of minutes for Camila's reply. She knows that Camila always lags with replies and stuff, but she can't help but think she might've scared her off. After 7 minutes (who's counting, right?), Lauren's phone chimes with a new message.

Camila: if you are asking me if I want to talk to you on the phone, then yes, it's about damn time you asked me.

After smiling and blushing and rolling on her bed because Camila's so darn cute, she replied.

Lauren: Hey! You could've asked, too, you know! :c

Lauren: Would you, Camila, like to Skype or talk on the phone? c:

Camila answered with "whichever you want, Lo" and they argued for the next 10 minutes. Lauren would say whichever, and Camila would say whichever until finally they both decided to Skype, so they would see each other's faces, too. They exchanged their Skype users, waiting for the other to call.

Lauren: it's your turn to pull the first move, Camz c;

Camila read the message and laughed, replying back with a "shut up."

Camila took a deep breath, sighed, and click the call button next to Lauren's name. Lauren answered immediately.

"It's about damn time," Lauren said with a high-pitched voice, mimicking Camila's earlier text even though she's never heard her voice before.

"Oh shut up, I was nervous," Camila retorted.

Camila noticed Lauren's slight intake of breath after she spoke, a little bit of a surprise on her face.

"What?" Camila asked.

"Your voice is prettier than I imagined. Is that weird?" Lauren said in her normal husky voice as she scratched the back of her neck, hiding her blush.

"Your voice is like sex. Is that weird?" Camila replied with a big smile, making the cute awkward Lauren, feel not too awkward. This is how they text, so this is how they were going to talk.

They spent the next couple of hours talking, laughing, staring, smiling, etc. They were happy they finally got to talk to each other.

Both girls were getting settled into bed, with their laptops of course, as it was 4 AM after all. They lay on their sides, just looking at each other through the screen, with a comfortable silence between them, but Lauren was the first to break it.

"What are we, Camila?" Lauren asked with so much insecurity and vulnerability. Lauren was afraid that Camila just wanted someone to talk to her the way she did, not an actual relationship. After all, it is long distance. Lauren wants a relationship with Camila though, no matter how hard it would be, but she understands if Camila doesn't want it. She watched as Camila closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

"What do you want us to be?" Camila replied with a question.

"Whatever you want us to be, Camz."

There was deafening silence. Lauren wanted more than anything to have Camila be her girlfriend, but she knew it would be hard. Lauren would push through and carry both of them if that meant Camila would be hers. It's all up to Camila.

"I want to be yours."

[a/n] MY A KEY IS SORTA BROKEN KMS.

but heres the new oneshots. enjoy. (this one is going to be longer)