Chapter 3

Brian's POV

I walked in Mr E's class early to do my homework as usual.
I was seated at the back of the class hurting my brain with mathematics.

I couldn't really focus because my mind was elsewhere.
Thoughts and flashbacks were whirling in my mind making me lose my focus.
I couldn't cry because boys don't cry but I was on the edge of breaking down.

As usual I used schoolwork to distract me from letting the thoughts kill me. But from time to time the thoughts would sneak in and mess everything up.

I saw a silhouette walking inside the class. There were 20 more minutes left before the bell would ring.

I glanced up to look at her properly. She was amazing.
She had an even toned cocoa skin, if heaven has chocolate its probably the same colour as her complexion.
She had a hoodie over her head but her hair poked out showing black curly hair.

She was facing the floor so I couldn't see her facial features properly, but I could bet that they were perfect.

She was a gorgeous black goddess!

She chased MrE out of his own class and I watched in amusement.

As soon as he left I heard faint sobs.

I decided to try and cheer her up. But I thought I'd fail because how can I heal another when you're broken myself? But it was still worth a try

I walked up to her, grabbed a chair and sat next to her. But she didn't even notice my presence.

I studied her face, and just as I thought, she had all the best features. She had full brow outline with pink centered lips, a perfect round based nose which I found adorable, her eyes were a bit swollen but I could tell the were beautifully round with a beautiful hazel iris and long dark eye lashes.

But I looked beyond the gorgeous features and saw a very very sad girl.

The bell rang and she came back to reality.
She wiped the tears from her eyes, her beautiful hazel brown eyes.

Although she was perfect and I was nothing but imperfect, it still felt as if I was looking in a mirror.
And the reflection displayed everything I was.

Broken, hurt, betrayed, self-hate....

So I decided not to ask her whats wrong but instead try to cheer her up. She would chuckle here and there, but you could sense the depression behind the laughter.

I left MrE's class to go to my own.

I walked in MrE's class with a turmoil inside my mind.
But when I left the only thing on my mind was her.

I didn't even get her name but I couldn't stop thinking about her.

In chemistry, I stared outside only to find the only thing on my mind laying under the Oak tree. I asked to be excused and since Mrs Herbst knew that nothing could affect my marks ,she let me go.

When I got to the tree she was fast asleep. I stayed and watched her innocent face thats hiding soo many secrets. Im willing to hear each and every one of them if she'd let me.
She looked peaceful. But you could tell there was a turmoil inside her mind.

I watched her from head to toe, literally cause she wasn't wearing any shoes. She had pretty feet so I understand why she chose not to wear shoes. But I decided not to ask about it.

She then shot up, probably from a horrible nightmare.

I wanted to save her from all her nightmares.

We talked for a while and I was glad to see that she was comfortable around me. So I offered her lunch.

When we got to the cafeteria, I told her to go sit and I'll get lunch. When I caught up with her later on she had the sad expression on her face.
I choose to ignore it and asked her random questions, choosing to be careful with my questions and comments.

"...Im one of those dumb, popular, mean girls you see in movies..." she said to me.

How could she even say that? If only I could give her the opportunity to see herself in my eyes. Maybe then she'd know her worth.

She said it like its her job to be like that. As if she was told from a young age what to become and she was young and naive, so she simply followed instructions.

But in my eyes she was soo much more.

While we were chatting I saw a muscular guy approaching from behind her. The guy's face was steaming red. His eyes burning holes into mine. His eyebrows were furrowed. He looked furious.

When he reached our table I was scared to death. So I decided not to say a word. She noticed my change of emotion and heard the loud rambling voice coming from behind her back

"What the hell is going on?" he scream furiously.

I was hoping that Umi would just say "nothing" and simply introduce me to the guy who obviously has a reason to be mad. And the only reason would be that he's her boyfriend.
(What else did I expect though? I mean she's perfect. Everything about her is perfect. Ofcourse she has a boyfriend.)

But Umi obviously didn't do what I hoped she would, instead she provoked the guy. Instead she brought my death closer.

They got into a small argument and I was expecting a punch anytime soon ,but instead the guy turned around and I walked away.

But one phrase kept replaying in my head like a broken record.

"...You and this nobody..." the guy spat to Umi

Nobody.... Im a nobody... Nobody...

But as soon as their argument was over I cleared my mind and focused on her.

"You are awesome dude, never change" she said to me.

Nobody... awesome... nobody.... change...

I cleared my mind again.

"So what are your plans for the afternoon" I asked her.

"Nothing. Just felt like being alone today and just be..."

"Well change of plans.." I interrupted her with a smile "..how about coffee?"

She chuckled. I felt embarrassed for even asking. Like ofcourse she wouldn't want to go out with me, who would?
I felt like banging my head against the table screaming how stupid I am.

She then said "Its the middle of summer idiot, how about an ice-cream instead?"

I blushed, feeling embarrassed but also glad that she actually agreed to hang out with me some more