Chapter 4

I got to school a little earlier today since I didn't really finish my homework from yesterday. I was in the library finishing it all up, and I even went to my locker afterwards to get some other books I needed for today.

After that, I started walking down the hallway, cause maybe I can find Jade and talk to her. As I was, I suddenly found Ethan with a group of people, and I could feel him staring at me as I was walking down the hallway.

As I was getting closer to him, I saw him smile, and it even caused me to do the same. He then came over to my side, greeting me.

"Hey Bree," he said with a charming smile.

"Hey," I replied with a shy smile.

"Where you heading to?" he asked me.

"Just looking for a friend, but I can't seem to find her," I told him.

"Well come over and hang with us," he said, gesturing to his group of friends. "Wouldn't want you wandering around alone."

I noticed Grayson was there in the group, and so was Bradley. Once I noticed her, I instantly saw her give me that evil smirk of hers.

"I don't know," I told him in the nicest way as possible. I didn't really wanna deal with Bradley.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you from Bradley if she does anything," he told me, with our eyes getting locked into each other's.

I honestly couldn't stop staring at his eyes, and it made me feel something inside me almost... But I then snapped myself back into reality.

I know I can protect myself from Bradley, but I couldn't pronounce those words to Ethan since after what he had just told me. The words he told me seemed sweet of him to say.

"O-Okay," I told him, stuttering. I still even tried hiding my smile from him, but I bet he found a way to see my smiling.

I saw him smile, but it then turned into a smirk. I still couldn't stop smiling, and I even felt something again after that.

We started walking over towards his group of friends, and I started introducing myself to some of them. They seemed kinda nice from their appearance.

But yet, I just met them. They're also Grayson's friends, so I don't know about them yet.

It was until I found Bradley walking towards me, my smile started to fade away. She started laughing, saying, "Look what the cat dragged in."

"What do you want?" I asked her with a bit of attitude, even crossing my arms.

"Wow, no need to give attitude," she said, fake gasping. "It brings too much attention to yourself."

"Says the girl with the 10 pounds of makeup piled on your face," I fired back. I noticed everyone in the group laughing, and 'ohhh-ing'. I guess I got everyone's attention from that, since they were all acting like that.

I even noticed I got Grayson's attention, since I could see him trying to hide in his laugh. I know I definitely got Ethan's attention, since he was laughing, and he even high fived me.

Bradley on the other hand looked pissed, probably cause she doesn't get this kind of attention. I started laughing also because of what I just told her.

"Whatever," she said rolling her eyes. Everyone else started to settle down, and turn back to their other friends to talk.

But Ethan was still by my side, and I saw Grayson, along with Bradley's two friends, join her.