chapter eight: TO LOVE YOU MORE

Laura
After dinner, Lewis and I head to my bedroom. We both didn't have much to say while having dinner,which am glad of cause I didn't want to be reminded of what happened yesterday even though am sure we are both at fault for how Kaleb acted,I have never seen him that upset or act that way ever in my life time of knowing him but most of all his last words keep replaying in my head.

"What are you thinking of?" he asks me as his hand brushes mine. Hmmm,no nothing, I tell him,trying to fake a smile,which I fail at all cost.

"Are you tired?"he asks. Oh no,it's way too early,I tell him.

He starts to laugh.

The warmest sound I missed hearing.

" What's funny?"i ask him. Well you always used to sleep early back then,he tells me. I did?I ask him trying to seem like I don't remember.
"Well you did young lady," he says. Young lady?were is that coming from,am not impressed by that,I tell him.

OK four eyes,he says mockingly.
"Wow what,are you being serious,like I don't wear glasses unless otherwise.

"How's volleyball coming along?" Am not sure what to tell him but I don't want to tell him about the surgery cause he will obviously feel pity for me and I don't want that.

"I quit," I tell him.

"You're lying right?"he asks.

Yes am lying so what I say to my inner self.

" No am not,am being serious,"I tell him.

We both know how badly you loved volleyball and I know you not to Be a quitter, so that's a big lie,he tells me. I grew out of it,I tell him.
OK still weird.

Am a model now and I own a car dealership with my friends. "Oh good,that's cool and school?i ask him. Am yet to graduate, he tells me after a long pause.
Lewis
Laura excuses herself to go to the bathroom. I know this is so hard for her but am glad she's trying her best for us.

Her phone goes off,it's a text from Anna *Happy Birthday, see you tomorrow*

Happy birthday?
It's her damn birthday and she didn't tell me a thing,oh man.

Laura!I call out after knocking three times on the door.

She finally opens,I can tell she's from crying.

"What's wrong?"i ask her, while moving close to her making sure their is no space between us. No it's nothing,nothing is wrong,she tells me.

If you don't want me here,you can simply tell me rather than pretending. The last thing I want is to force you to do anything, OK baby,I tell her.

But she stays silent.

" It's your birthday, were you even planning on telling me?"i ask her.

It's not a big deal Lewis, she tells me.

"It is Laura, I know you are not a birthday person just like me but you're important to me and so is this day." I tell her.

Am sorry,she slowly says.

"Let's go out. Unless you have something else in mind?"I ask her. You tell me,she says.

"I want to kiss you," I whisper. I can't let you do that,she responds trying not to face me.

You don't want to kiss me,cause you're afraid of what you will start feeling when we kiss and after? It's not that Lewis,she says in deny.

"But what baby,don't you want me as much as I do,seeing you like this and not being able to feel your lips on mine after a long time is driving me insane," I tell her,while resting my hands around her waist.