Chapter Nine:SAME OLD LOVE

Laura
It's been one hell of an amazing week with Lewis. It's been a week now since we got back ,what am I saying. It's not like I was ever his girlfriend cause he never officially asked me to be his but that's less important. So long we love each other,everything is okay.

I hear a knock,I hope it's Lewis, I want to spend this weekend with him cause his leaving on Monday, am not sure how I will handle watching him leave but not like last time,this time I will be able to kiss him goodbye and make each promises.

Lewis! I say as I open the door looking so excited,only to find it's Jared.
Hey I say to him a bit disappointed but I try not to show it.
"It's like you were expecting someone else," he says.
Oh not really,I tell him as we both sit down.

"I was in the neighborhood and I decided to surprise you,since you've been quite?"he says.

Am sorry but am glad you came,I tell him.

My phone vibrates, it's a text from Lewis.
*I have a surprise for you*

I can't help but blush,letting out a soft giggle..

*okay love,I miss you*I text him back.
*already,am not even gone yet😜😘* he responds.
*don't tease me like that*I reply while laughing.

Laura! Jared says.

Oh my gosh,I literally forgot he was here.

Am sorry I tell him as I put my phone down.

" He must be special to get all your attention, "he says.

I just smile not sure what to say.

" Who's the guy?"he asks,cause am damn sure it's not the guy I met last time.

Oh what makes you say that?I ask him curiously. Cause you look head over heels he says while laughing.

After a long pause.

You're right,am back together with my high school boyfriend,I tell him while smiling.

That's great news,am glad you're happy but I have to go. Text me whenever he says while walking out.

Jared
I get home and find no one is there.

Where the hell is damn Lewis. How come he didn't tell me they got back together. I was going to tell her I like her a lot. She deserves me not him.

I need to think of a plan to unmask him but I can only do that if he didn't tell her about Nicole.

On the 6th ring,Nicole picks up.

Hey baby,what's good,I ask her. Nothing much just busy with work she says. Shouldn't you be with your man there,don't you think it's time he comes?I ask her. She laughs,his coming back on Monday, he told me you guys got more shoots. I laugh at her,you mean him being up and about with some chick named Laura.
After a long pause.
She fucking curses out. You fucking lying bustard, she says. Oh Nicole, am not lying. That girl I told you about,he found her and I need you to come here and get your boyfriend cause his in my fucking lane. Okay I will be there,she tells me. Good girl,I say as I cut the call.

Laura
It's seven thirty in the evening,am anxiously waiting for Lewis, he said he would be here by seven thirty but he hasn't called at all. Should I call him,I ask Dani.

"Calm down," she tells me,his probably stuck in traffic.

But I have a heavy heart and that's a bad sign,I tell her while holding the chain Lewis gave me in high school.

A knock interrupts my pacing.

Come in,Dani says.

It's Lewis wearing a suit,