Truth or SCARE!!!

I never thought the day would come, that I would be released to tell the story of how my friends and I got our spirits eternally locked up by the untamed spirit of Heartburn Fischoeder.

It all started three years ago, on October 10th. We were all at the Belchers' house, having a sleepover. After enjoying a few slices of pizza, we decided to watch a movie, The Awakening. 

Halfway through the movie, I realized that Tina was clinging to my cheetah print pajama arms, and her eyes were as big as the midnight moon that shone above us on the coldest, rainiest, Saturday night. Louise, (one might say that she is the craziest of all), crept up behind us with a scary face mask, and grabbed Tina and Gene, the two crybabies of the group.

They both jumped in the air, screaming and yelping, "DON'T KILL ME!!!" We all fell to the floor laughing, as they both proceeded to take their sleeping pillows and chase Louise around the living room. We all choked on our popcorn in laughter.

"Hey, not funny!!" Gene whined, flopping onto the sofa with Tina, as Zeke and Jimmy Jr came into the room, carrying a bag of chips for us, saying," What did you do to Tina and Gene now, Louise?"

"Why do you always think its me?!?!" Louise said in her "I'm-innocent-I-didn't-do-anything" voice. A crack of thunder and a strike of lighting later, the lights went out. "We might as well get to bed" said Darryl, lighting up his flashlight as he started to spread his sleeping bag out on the floor. 

"No," I said," Let's tell ghost stories to each other." 

"No way, uh-uh, I'm going to sleep" said Tina, with fear still in her eyes. 

"Come on, Tina" Gene said, even though he had a little doubt in his voice, "Let's listen to one story, and then we can go to sleep." 

"Yeah, have a little fun, Tina, or are you to scared to?" asked Louise. As the light emitted a shadow onto her face, her eyebrows raised in anticipation to Tina's quivering voice. 

"All right, I'll listen to one story" Tina said.

I began, "The story of Heartburn Fischoeder all started 150 years ago..."

As I told my story, my friends said it was just a bunch of lies and that ghosts aren't real. After a while of convincing, their eyes filled with curiosity and fear. 

"Still to this very day, you can see the lights flickering in the butcher room at Fischoeder Mansion, and hear the ghostly wail of Heartburns' spirit on Halloween, haunting the decedents of the very mortals who ever laughed at him, hoping to seek revenge." 

"Well," Louise said, looking at Tina and Gene, who's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their heads, "We now know who is going to sleep tonight."

We curled up in our sleeping bags and we all said goodnight, but after that story none of us could sleep, not even I, the one who told the story in the first place.

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

In the following weeks at school, we told our friends about our scary weekend, and the more they heard, the more they laughed and teased us. This gave Lenny DeStefano an idea. "Let's play a game of 'Truth or Dare' ," he said, while popping another chicken nugget into his mouth. He then turned to me, "Truth or Dare?"

"Dare," I said. 

"I dare you.." Lenny said thoughtfully. 

It was only 3 weeks after the sleepover and still, my friends and I couldn't sleep. I knew ghosts weren't real, and the only reason I told that story was to get Tina to scream again.