IX

What the hell am I doing? 

The waves crashed onto the shores. In the background, French chatter and couples were enjoying the beautiful sunset. The boy - or  kind of sort of man, was deep in thought. His hands buried under a decent amount of sand and his legs spread apart and bent. 

Pink, blue, purple, yellow, and a tint of red was displayed on the giant canvas before him. Oh, the irony of the hues. 

No, he was not wondering why he was on the sand of one of the beaches in Monaco, but he was wondering about what was going on in his romance life (if you could even call it that). 

The whole situation with Linda. . . 

He shook his head and sighed. The whole thing was weird, he couldn't understand that girl. Scratch that, he can't understand himself. 

Stupid impulsive little boy.

He took his hands out from the sand deposits and smushed his cheeks together, resting his elbows on his knees.

Jinx. . .

Did the hug mean she was harboring some feelings for him? 

Maybe, maybe he would know!

He pressed the right lightning bolt and heard the ring of the phone on the other line. 

"Hello?" A male voice asked. 

"It's me Dick." A scoff from Dick showed his slight annoyance. 

"What is it Wally?" There was movement of bed sheets and a female groan. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you and Star up. I just need some help with a few things." 

"It's alright Wall, just make sure you keep up with the time zones. Anyways, what's up?" 

"I'm having some. . . girl. . . problems." 

Dick sighed and rolled his eyes, leaning against his bathroom sink. "Who is she? No, no, I should ask: who are they?"

Wally clicked his tongue turning his head to look around offended by his comment. "I'll have you know, it's only two girls this time AND that I've changed! You and Roy refuse to believe me!" 

Dick chuckled at his incredulous speech. "But I am right."

Wally puffed up his cheeks. "Yes." 

"Well are you attracted to them?" 

"Well, yes and no. I've been eyeing this girl for a while now, but then this new girl comes out of no where and - I don't know how she feels about me, and how I feel about her. Like I hate her but then I sort of blackmailed her into being Wally West's new girl." 

"Your girl or girlfriend?" He knew with Wally and Roy there was a huge ass distinction. "Girlfriend. It was on impulse, and I had to get rid of Kitten." 

Both boys shuddered at the name of the blonde bimbo. The futuristic whoosh of the ops room doors sounded before Dick - now Robin with his face mask on. 

"But now you're sort of kinda having some baby feelings towards her and now that the girl you've been annoying is starting to see how charming you are, you're torn apart on who you should love. That's a rough prediction but that's along the lines, isn't it." He said the last part as a statement, not a question. 

"Spot on. But now I'm not sure what to do." 

"You know that there's a one in a million chance they're the same girl, if you're lucky." They both laughed. 

"Luck, what a funny thing." Wally stared and listened to the waves crashing on the shores. "So, you gonna help me or not man?" 

"My advice would be, to see where both of the relationships go. If one of them shows they want a relationship with you, then drop the other one. Or scratch that, drop them both if they don't show any interest at all. Don't go playing around with girls - it'll bite your speedster ass later on." 

"True, true." Wally checked his watch. "Shit! I have to get back to America before I'm late for school! ThanksDickyou'remybestfriendbye!!" 

The line went dead and Dick sighed. Best friends for sure. 

This is really short, but you'll find out why later on! Stay tuned for more!