Chapter 16

Louis' P.O.V.

I wandered around my classroom after the final bell of the day sounded and the kids rushed out. "Don't forget about rehearsal's tomorrow!" I shouted after the eager highschoolers before making my way to my desk at the back of the room. A couple Comdeia mask's were scattered along the surface by kids who liked to turn in assignments late so I scooped them up and jotted down the names before putting them in the bin with the other preforming masks they made for this semester's project. I was thankful this year's drama students weren't complete imbeciles but I blamed it on the fact that these students were mainly upperclassman but the few sophomores in here to were quite respectful too. 

I started pushing around papers on my mess of a desk as it began to vibrate. I really shuldn't leave my cell phone out in the open like this but then again the stupid phone was so hidden under papers not even I could find it. On the second to last ring I found the small device hiding under my attendance folder and quickly hit the answer button before I could miss the call. 

"Yellow" god if any of my students heard me say that I'd be crucified I inwardly groaned. 

"Louis Tomlinson?"

"This is he" I responded, hopping up on the desk and making myself comfortable. 

"It's Dr.Reed, I have news on Mr.&Mrs.Style's baby." I felt like a fish out of water as I tried to form words, my mouth opening and closing but no words coming out. I'd seen Harry and Cryssy so happy this week I'd nearly forgotten Dr.Creepy was trying to save their baby's life...okay maybe Dr.Creepy is a bit of a rude name. "Sir?"

"YEs! Sorry, sorry. How can I help you?" I responded wearily, gripping tightly to the edge of my desk as my feet swung off the side. 

"Well, we've managed to slow the disease and maintain a stable status for now but I'm afraid the lungs of the child are severely undeveloped" the older man sighed. "We are trying our best to save him but, well I don't think we can. I'm afraid we may have to let the child go" Dr.Reed informed grimly.

I chewed my lip anxiously before nodding to myself. Harry and Cryssy were happy, they didn't need to know about this, hell they didn't even know anything before....there was nothing they could do anyways. I couldn't tear away their happiness now. "Do whatever you can" I sighed. "If anything great happens please let me know immediately" Dr.Reed mumbled an agreement from the other end of the line before hanging up and i felt myself become weighed down with grief. I had this small ounce of hope maybe he could save that baby, that maybe by Christmas Harry and Cryssy could have a fully functioning little family of their own but I was terribly mistaken. 

I grabbed my messenger bag from behind my desk and left my classroom, passing the theater as I walked towards the back exit of the school. For a drama teacher I was far to stressed out. Instead of heading home like usually I detoured to El's house. I needed someone to consult with. I couldn't keep this secret forever but I knew if I said anything to Cryssy or Harry now it'd just ruin them all over again. Harry would go AWOL and Cryssy may have a breakdown. No way can I let that happen. 

~

"So the baby's alive!? We have to tell them Lou! Oh my goodness they'll be so happy!" Eleanor beamed, jumping up from our position on the couch to grab her phone off the kitchen counter.