Morning After

Emma's POV

The bright sunlight shining through my curtains woke me up. I was laying on my side with Killian spooning me from behind. I smiled as I glanced up at him. He was snoring softly in my hair. I rolled over to face him, making sure not to wake him. His arms automatically tightened around me as he felt me move.

He looked so peaceful. I studied his face, looking intently at every detail. His strong jawline, the soft curve of his lips, the small scar below his right eye that he had from falling off his bike when he was 5. He was just so breathtakingly handsome. I still couldn't believe he was mine.

Last night had been so blissfully perfect, words couldn't describe how happy I was. I leaned up and started placing soft, sucking kisses along his jaw. He didn't even flinch as he continued to snore. So I decided I'd be bad and tease him.

"Killian, wake up," I whispered in his ear. "Ingrid is back."

"What?" He mumbled sleepily as his eyes suddenly flew open.

"Gotcha," I giggled, before he could freak out and spring out of bed. "Now I can finally see those gorgeous blue eyes."

"You little brat," he quickly rolled us over and I squealed out a giggle. Killian grinned, as he moved my hair out of my face and caressed my cheek with his thumb. "Good morning, my beautiful Swan."

I laughed a little. "You really are adorkadble, you know that?"

"So I've been told," he chuckled as he leaned his forehead against mine and then softly kissed my lips. I sighed quietly in his mouth as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He started running circular patterns along my waist. "Mmm, it's a very good morning."

"Aye, that it is," he smirked and kissed me again.

"Did you have a good birthday?" I asked as I looked down at his chest and started playing with the light dust of hair.

"No," he sighed, and I looked up startled, but then I saw a huge smile plastered on his face. "I had the best birthday."

I sighed relieved, and he laughed as he leaned down to give me another loving kiss. As our tongues started to tangle, something registered with me.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" I sat up and crawled over Killian, and threw his shirt on before grabbing his present out of my closet. "Happy birthday."

"Swan, you already gave me the best present I could've asked for," he reminded as he sat up. "What is it?"

"Well, now I'm giving you the 2nd best," I smiled. "Open it and find out."

He chuckled as he ripped away the shiny wrapping paper and then went dead silent when he saw the guitar. He held it up and looked at in shock and then looked up at me in awe.

"You got me a guitar?" Killian whispered. He was so touched by my gift. This is the reaction I had been hoping for. On our 3rd date he told me that he loved playing the guitar ever since his mother bought him one when he was 10. But unfortunately, he had to leave it behind in Drogheda. I could sense how bummed he was over it.

"Now I can finally hear you play," I nodded, smiling shyly. "Do you like it? I mean, I don't know anything about guitars, but the guy at the store said it was one of the best types they had. But he probably just said that because it was also one of the most expensive. If you don't like it, I can take it back and--"

He silenced my rambling by grabbing me and engulfing me in a ridiculously passionate kiss. One hand tangled in my hair as he rolled us over, while the other hitched my leg up on his hip. I moaned.