Prologue Part One

Mother is going to be so upset.

Howard proposed to me this morning... but I said no.

I know she wants me to get married as soon as possible, especially since I just turned 30.

But Howard... was so Howard!

Always trying to touch me in an inappropriate spot in public.

I don't even get why he proposed to me! He was cheating on me with Harriet!

But mother wouldn't care would she.

I can't face her...

But here I am going into the restaurant and into my "surprise birthday party".

"Hello!? Is anybody here?!" I say sarcastically.

"SURPRISE!" the crowd shouts as the lights turn on.

"OH MY GOODNESS! A PARTY JUST FOR ME ON MY THIR__"

"TWENTY-EIGHTH BIRTHDAY! I'm way too young to have a thirty-year-old unmarried daughter." My mother says to the crowd.

"Your oh so right mother," I say as I sit in the corner and wait for the festivities to end.

~2 hrs later~

"I'm so sorry you had to sit through that horrible excuse for a party," says my sister Melinda.

"Not sorry enough to help me clean this up," I say as I put another thong in the trash can.

"I'm not the one whose thirty and unmarried, Maggie." She says.

"Nope, you're the one whose twenty-two and has three divorces, Mel."

Her snow white skin turns beet red. But she still looks adorable, no wonder she's been married four times. She has gorgeous blond hair with brown highlights and she's so petit. She looks like a younger version of mom, your natural born White-American rich lady. Whereas I'm Haitian because mother hooked up with someone when she was supposed to be building houses in Haiti. Dark Caramel skin tone with freakishly small hands... but at least I have amazing hair.

"Girl! Quit cleaning on your birthday!" says my other sister Madison.

"Yeah! Let the janitorial service get it!" says her twin Michaela.

They're identical red heads that act dumb to attract their prey. They're both beautiful red heads with freckles all over. We have no idea who mom hooked up with to make such beautiful girls but here they are.

"But then I'll have to pay for it." I can't help but remind them.

"Why do you keep forgetting we're rich?!" they say simultaneously.

"Because she's not married." Mother says as she struts into the room.

Mary Fiore, the queen to our rich kingdom. Eleven divorces and counting, she wants us to be like her. But I completely refuse.

"Mom... I have to tell you something__"

"HOWARD FINALLY PROPOSED?!? I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU DARLING!" she interrupted.

"MOTHER! HOWARD DID PROPOSE BUT__"

SQUEEE! All the girls giggle like school girls when they're supposed to be adults.

"BUT I SAID NO!!!" I scream.

The room is silent and my mother glares my way.

"How could you?! You almost had a rich man in your grasps and you let him slip away?!"

"He was having sex with cousin Harriet?!"

"Well you should've been better in bed!"

"I've never even kissed anyone before! Why would you think I've been in bed with Howard Beagleton?!"

I see the shocked looked on their faces, "You're a virgin?!" they all say.

My mom sits down, looks in her purse, and tries to find her phone, "I'm calling your cousin Carla, she would know if these were signs that you are a lesbian."

I snatch her purse and throw it across the room. "NO! I'm not a lesbian! Matter of fact I don't want to get married! SO STOP TRYING TO SELL ME!" I snap. I turn around and kick a bra on my way out. I'm so disgusted by my relatives.

~Mary's P.O.V.~ 

I don't care this is for her own good. I grab my purse from across the room, find my phone and call the number.

"This is Chris Harrison, who is this?"

"This is Mary Fiore. I will pay you and your people a million dollars if you have my daughter on the show."

"When do you want to start?"