Clones after Order 66: Rex and Cody

Set after the events of Star Wars Rebels: The Last Battle. Minor spoilers, nothing too big. Slight Ahsoka novel spoilers.
Major feels.
Rex had seen him. Rex had seen his best friend. Through his blurry vision, he had seen the tactical droid, and it had brought him back, to the Clone War. To before the wretched Empire.
He thought of what he had seen.
Rex urged his men forward, head pounding as he shot down a super battle droid.
Cody ran up beside him, shooting. Rex caught a glimpse for the yellow helmet before his friend was off again. He didn't move, despite his orders to his men. Something came over him, like he was...frozen, the pounding intensifying.
"Rex!" Cody shouted.
Rex's eyes widened. "Cody?"
Then he had snapped back into the now, the vision ending.
Rex shook his head. Where was Cody anyway? How was he?
The last Rex had seen of his friend was right before he rushed off to Utapau to catch  Grievous, along with the rest of the 212th, and General Kenobi.
But Rex did know that Commander Cody had never removed his inhibitor chip.
It was highly probable that Rex's old friend had executed Order 66. Rex had not. Rex hadn't betrayed Commder Tano, unlike the other members of the 501st legion, during the Siege of Mandalore.
He sighed, getting up and walking to the command room of the base, hoping to find something on his friend.
He sat down in the chair, powering on the holo computer. He began to type.
Clone Commander Cody.

Result loading... The computer told him.
Rex drummed his fingers on the desk in anticipation, until finally a file popped up.
CC-2224 "Cody"
Rex tapped on the holographic file.
CC-2224 "Cody"
Grand Army of the Republic
212th Attack Battalion
7th Sky Corps
Location: Saleucami
"Saleucami, huh?" Rex said to himself, thinking of the Clone deserter Cut he had met on the planet.
                       ·    ·    ·    ·
Rex stood at the door of a house. It was far from any civilization, if Saleucami even had any, and was relatively small.
Rex knocked, hoping his friend was home.
"Who are you?" A voice demanded. It sounded much like his own. A clone.
"Rex." Rex replied.
"Rex, like the clone?" The voice asked, softer this time.
Rex turned around, and unsurprisingly had a blaster pointed at his head. By a man with a yellow painted visor.
"Yes. It's me Cody." Rex removed his own helmet, smiling at Cody, who had dropped his weapon.
Cody took of helmet, revealing Rex's best friend, adding a couple years.
"What brings you here?" Cody asked.
"I just wanted to check up on you. I haven't seen you since before you left for Utapau."
Cody looked down. "I'll never forget Utapau. Utapau is the reason I'm out here."
Rex stepped down from the porch, putting a hand on Cody's shoulder.
"You can tell me anything, Cody. I hope you know that."
"I know, I know. But this, this you'll never forgive me for." Cody paused, taking a deep breath. "I made some mistakes that you haven't. You'll hate me if I told you."
"I won't hate you, Cody." Rex's suspicions were true, about Order 66. Rex could tell what Cody was about to say.
"I....I turned on General Kenobi." Cody spat, disgusted with himself. "I executed Order 66. It haunts my dreams, Rex, my own blindness. I don't know if he's alive or not."
Cody half expected Rex to turn away, to leave. Cody knew that Rex had removed his inhibitor chip.
Rex pulled Cody into a hug, and tears welled in Cody's eyes as he thought of his General, who had trusted him, tumbling down Utapau's layers, him and his varactyl falling into a pond. At the command of himself.
"I don't hate you." Rex reassured, knowing his friend already hated himself for it. Cody knew the error in his ways, it already caused him misery. Cody didn't need Rex, his best friend, to hate him too.
Cody closed his eyes. "Thank you, Rex."