Chapter 1- Volleyball

Your POV

My first day at a new school. Great, this should be interesting. New people to look at, observe and discover. I won't make any friends, but it should be interesting to say the least. I look up at the huge school as I hesitate to take a step forward. With my (f/c) 2DS in my hand, and my black bag draped over my shoulder, I step into a new school, a new world.

I decide to look around the school, seeing as I was about an hour early. I transferred here from Karasuno because of problematic issues that occurred back at that school. As I walk around, I'm a bit overwhelmed at how large the school is. As I am walking along, I hear someone scream, "WATCH OUT!" I turn my head out of  habit, seeing a stray volleyball heading straight for me. I immediately drop my DS in the soft green grass as I ready my hands and receive the ball. I see a team, crowded at the door, starring at me in bewilderment.

"Whoa!!! Your amazing!" I was flooded with questions,

'I haven't seen you around here'
'Are you new?'
'How did you receive that so fast?'
'Do you play volleyball?'

I started to panic. I was horrible at interacting with people. Instead,'I looked around to try and find my DS. I found it laying on the grass. I tried to make my way over to it, but I was surrounded.

"Oi, she doesn't look like she wants to speak to you guys..." Came a soft, but harsh voice from gym door. I turned to look and saw a boy, around my height with pudding like hair. He has beautiful Amber eyes, them at almost reminded me of a cats. My eyes widened for a moment before I nodded. I looked back to find my DS. All eyes were on me as I walked over to grab the device. Silence was all that was herd.

"Umm, if you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" One of the team mates asked, he had black hair, was very tall and had bed head like hair.

"M-My name I-Is (L/n), (Y/n)." I said quietly, but just loud enough so they can hear.

"Well, (L/n). Would you like to watch our volleyball game? Maybe if it's ok, even play a little?" Asked Bed head.

I thought about it, these people want to interact with me? Why...? Oh well, better to not upset someone on my first day.

"Sure." I said shortly.

The team only rushed me inside as I had no time to think about what was going on.

"Kenma! Can you get her a shirt and shorts?" Bed head asks.

The one who I presumed was 'Kenma' only nodded and ran off to get me practice clothes. As I was waiting, I sat on a bench, knees hugged to my chest as my brows were furrowed, trying to beat the water temple on Legend of Zelda.

"God damn, cursed water temple." I ranted to myself.

"You should use you shield more often then." I here someone behind me whisper. I looked behind me as I saw Kenma standing there with my practice clothes in one hand, and his other hand pointing to my screen. I started to use my shield as I beat the Temple and my eyes glowed with happiness. I heard laughter from the court.

" Come on gamers! Get your head out of the game and show her the locker room." Bed head said.

"Ok Kuro, I'll guard the door." Kenma said, motioning me to follow him. I quickly saved my game as I followed him. Apparently, there was only one locker room, and that was for males. Kenma was guarding the door, making sure nobody gets in. I quickly changed into the clothes I was given. It had a nice fit, it was a black shirt with 'Nekoma' written on the back. The shorts I was wearing were red with a black stripe on each side. I quite liked the clothes.

I stepped out of the locker room with my clothes on as I saw Kenma on the outside. He must have heard me coming, because he looked back and saw me. His cheeks turned slightly pink as he asked me if I was done. I only nodded as I played with the hem of my shirt. I herd Kuro laugh.

"Aye Kenma! She looks nice in your clothes!" He shouted across the gym. His face lit up even more as it took me a second to comprehend what he said. My face immediately blew up as I just walked past Kenma to put my Uniform away in my bag. My face immediately became serious as my eyes started to drill into each of my opponents. I had a serious expression on my face, and my aura was dark.

"Let's have a match shall we?" I asked. Everyone looked slightly scared as they just nodded and divided up the teams. Having my luck, Kenma wasn't on my team. I could observe. Kuro was also on his side.

"(L/n), can you serve? Our setter is on the other team." Yaku asked. I only nodded as I was getting ready to serve. ( just so you know, you serve like Oikawa except your not as good ) the other team wasn't able to receive, and lost the point. They stared at me in bewilderment.

"S-stop s-starring..." I stuttered out. They only laughed as the said something like 'She's a lot like Kenma!' The game continued on for a while until they finally had to wrap up before school starts. They went to go change out of their clothes and into their uniforms. I had to wait otherwise. While I was waiting, I could have played my games, but I decided to clean up. Right as I finished putting away the last volleyball, the boys walk out.

"Whoa! Miss Shy Cleaned up for us!" Kuro shouted, "We're going to have to pay you back soon!" The boys cheered as I looked at the floor while blushing. Nobody has ever been this nice to me, besides, him.

"Excuse me..." I whispered as I headed to the locker room to change. I quickly grabbed my uniform and changed out of Kenma's Clothes and into my own. I felt bad for getting them Dirty, so I promised myself I would wash them tonight and return them to following morning.

I step out of the locker room as I see Kenma Once again Guarding the door.

"I'm very s-sorry I had to use your c-clothes, I'll wash them and bring it back tomorrow." I said, bowing to show I was sorry.

Kenmas eyes went wide for a moment, "No, no it's ok! You don't... Have to do that...." He replied.

"N-no! I i-insist!" I said, a bit louder then usual.

Kenma gave up as he sighed and asked, "Are you sure (L/n)-san?"

"J-Just (y/n) is fine. And I'm positive!" I gave him a small smile without realizing it. I realized this and regained my composure. But Kenma did something back, that I won't forget. He chuckled. He genuinely laughed while smiling at me.

"Thank you." He said. The whole team stared at me in disbelief once AGAIN. I hid behind Kenma as he wondered what was wrong. He turned and saw the whole team staring.

"What's wrong?" He asked the team, as they continued their stare.

"S-She made you smile..." Kuro stuttered out, utter disbelief dripping from his words. I just looked down as I let go of Kenmas shoulders and walked out.

"I'm sorry for causing trouble, I should leave now..." I said quietly, bowing down, "Thank you for having me."

I quietly made my way to my bag, as I sling it over my shoulder and walked out. I heard running footsteps behind me, as I turn around and see Kenma.

"You forgot your DS. You should be more careful." He said, handing me the (f/c) device.

"Ah, thank you." I replied, grabbing it from his hand and placing it in my bag.

I suddenly came to a realization that I had absolutely zero ideas as to where my classroom was, nor my locker. The locker can wait, but I might as well ask where my classroom is.

"Umm, K-Kenma, would you mind helping me find my classroom?" I asked, handing him my schedule. His cat-like eyes skimmed over the paper as he whispered, "Follow me, Were in the same class." I mentally smiled as I followed Kenma into the crowded school of Nekoma.