Chapter 6 - Late Arival

Your POV
-

Yawns spread throughout the room as you could hear the soft beeping, repeating over and over again from the bedside table. Gradually, the beeps got louder and louder, to the point where I groaned and rolled over, desperately trying to block out the sound. Finally, I gave up and swung my arm over to the clock, who was yelling quite loudly, and knocked him off the table.

Looking down at the floor, I see the time. 6:40.

I had twenty minutes to get ready and make it to the train station! I decided to skip the shower because I couldn't be bothered this morning. I practically threw on my uniform and did my hair (if you have long hair, unlike me) in a matter of seconds. Castiel was laying around in his own little bubble as his Christmas themed collar jingled and his tail swung off the side of my bed. It had been months since my first day at Nekoma, and it's already close to Christmas time. It's the 22nd of December already.

"Bye Cass! Don't you dare get into the cat food again!" I yelled behind me, hurriedly putting my shoes on. Cass only meowed in response and rolled off the bed, toppling to his side as the jingling of his bell could be herd. "Don't talk to me like that." I remarked and I closed the door and locked it. I didn't have time to take the elevator, so I ran downstairs. Making my way through the lobby I ran out the slick, black lined glass doors, and out into the open world.

Running all the way to the station, I received some weird looks, but it didn't matter to me at that point. My anxiety could shove off for all I care, because I cared about something way more in that moment.

Making my way through the gate, I jogged onto the train just as the doors closed and headed out. I took a moment to catch my breath and look at my surroundings. Many business men, women, and the usual riders we're here, yet I didn't see my friends. My gazed softened and my face molded into sadness. They most likely had gotten here before me and got better seats, or they caught and earlier train and gotten to school early for volley ball. Was there practice on Thursdays? Christmas was coming up, and I'm not sure if Kuroo-san would let them have the day off.

"(L/n)-chan!" I herd from across the train. I glanced around, my face turning pink from the stares I was receiving. I saw the familiar red jackets, sitting a little ways away across from me. I smiled, as I made my way through the crowd. I bumped into a boy, he had a white, black and yellow jacket on, and has charcoal hair. His onyx eyes gazed into mine.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." He spoke, softly. He smiled at me and moved aside so I could get through. On the back of his jacket, I saw the name "Fukurōdani". I payed no mind as I continued towards my friends.

Kenma was looking down at his PSP as usual, his face lightly dusted with pink, barely noticeable. Kuroo was looking over at me, smiling. His face dropped as he saw me though, and Kenma payed no mind.

"What happened to you? You look like a disaster! There are bags under your eyes, you look like you barely slept..." he spoke, worry clear in his voice. This, caught Kenmas attention as he looked up. His eyes widened slightly as he scooted over.

"Are you ok?" He asked, worry soon taking over his features as quickly as it had taken Kuroos.

"I'm fine! I just had homework, and Cass wouldn't let me sleep. I was working all day after school yesterday, so I was pretty slammed." I replied as I sat down between the two, my hand lightly brushing against Kenmas. I didn't notice, but his face went red.

"I forgot to ask where you worked (l/n)-San. You have brought it up before but I can't remember." Kuroo said as he sheepishly scratched his neck.

"Oh! I work at the local cat café a little ways down from the station near my home. You guys should come by some time. They have really good pastries and such." Smiling as I spoke, Kenmas interest yet again seemed to spark.

"We will definitely have to go sometime, huh Kenma?" Kuroo said, looking at Kenma with a grin, a one that you could tell meant something. Like it was a secret or something the two shared. Kenmas blushed once again as he nodded. He seemed to be really flustered today, or maybe it's because of Christmas.

The conversation would have carried on, but the train came to a sudden halt and my body swayed. My body got pushed into Kenmas as my face got really red. As my reaction was delayed, I sat up and apologized. He kept waving me off, saying everything was ok.

We finally made our way off the train, and into school.

Kenma finally spoke up "Hey, (l/n)-chan?"

I looked towards Kenma curious, seeing as he never started conversation this early in the morning.

"Um, Kuroo-San is holding a Christmas party type thing, and all our friends are going to be there. I don't really want to go alone, s-so would you mind coming with us?"

Delighted, I instantly smiled and hugged him. Kuroo looked shocked at the scene before him and snickered as he took his phone out of his pocket and took a picture. We obviously didn't notice this.

"I would love to go! When is it?"

"Christmas Day"

--
Hey hey hey! I've decided to do a Christmas special for Christmas (duh) and I'm going to be releasing it on Christmas Day! This chapter is going to be longer then most, and will include some of our favorite crows, owls and "Celebrities" so look forward to it! Happy Christmas guys