Chapter Four: Welcome to our Family

Your POV

I breathe in slowly, calming my nerves. Opening the door, I walk out into the large hallway. I just now realize, Tony never told me how to find any of them once I was out of the shower.
I decide to just wander around, taking mental notes of everything as I went along. My mind starts to wander, though. I try to imagine what it's like to be outside. I wonder what the fresh air smells like. I picture what grass would feel like in between my toes. Or-

"Oph!" I grunt, running into something. Wait, no it's someone!

"I-I'm so sorry..." I apologize looking up at who I ran into. Oh no, it was Bucky.

"It's alright. I was actually looking for you. We all were. Glad to see you didn't try to run off." He says with a soft chuckle.

"I... no... I didn't know where to go... Tony wanted me to meet everyone so-" I try to explain myself, but he suddenly grabs my hand and pulls me along more of the hallways.

"C'mon, before everyone starts to panic."

I follow him and we quickly reach a large room with many couches and chairs.
Crap... there's so many people here...

"Ahh! There's the guest of honor!" Tony says throwing me a wide grin.

"I found her wondering around. Maybe you should've given her directions or had someone guarding the door?" Bucky says to Tony.

"Yeah, yeah. I figured she'd want some privacy! Excuse me for being a good person." Tony laughs.

Then there was a long, awkward silence. Everyone is staring at me.
Shit. Shit. What do I do?

"Well, it's an absolute pleasure to meet you Lady Y/n!" An extremely large man exclaims from one of the couches. He gets up and strides over to me. I feel myself sweating out of nervousness as he approaches me. He must be two times my height!

"Welcome to our family!" He yells, picking me up into a bone crushing hug. I wince, as I still have bruises all over my body. He sets me down and lets out a hearty, booming laugh.
No one else laughs with him.

"Well, that's Thor. Or as I like to call him, Thunda from Down Unda!" Tony jokes. Now some people giggle at his nickname for the giant.

Tony then proceeds to introduce me to all of the other members including two other women named Natasha Romanoff and Wanda Maximoff. Whilst they talked to me about things I didn't understand, I looked towards a window nearby. I could see my reflection in the mirror and noticed how shaggy my hair had gotten.

Almost as if she read my mind, Natasha offers, "Why don't we give you a nice hair trim after our little party? You can pick out the style you want."

The two give me warm smiles before excusing themselves to speak to the others. I sink back into a corner, but then notice the three who saved me in the other corner adjacent to mine. I wobble over behind them, but a sudden shyness creeps over me.

I timidly grab the sleeve of Bucky's shirt and tug it gently.

"Hmm?" He gasps, looking down at me.

"I-I just wanted to say... that I... I'm sorry..." I mutter looking down.

"About what?"

"For yelling earlier. I shouldn't have judged you guys so quickly."

I could hear the smirk in his voice, "Well, that's true. Don't worry about it, though. You were just scared. I understand the feeling." I look up at him and see it in his eyes. Like me, I guess he was a victim of Hydra.

I say my apologies personally to Steve and Sam as well, then go back to my corner. My limbs start to feel heavy, and I yawn. I'm getting too tired again, but I can't just leave the room without making everyone suspicious. I just need to sit down. Yeah, I'll just sit down for a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bucky's POV

Y/n slowly walks away after apologizing to us. I did get upset earlier when she said those harsh words, but I felt a little guilty about her thinking she had to say sorry. I feel the same fear and pain she's probably feeling, so I can't blame her.

I continue talking with Steve and Sam for a while, occasionally glancing over to her. I have to admit, Y/n's pretty cute. She's very timid still, and she's so small. So delicate. I just want to help her get better and feel happy.

I notice she's now sitting on the floor in the corner, her legs huddled to her chest. She's struggling to stay awake. I can't help but smile at the sight. Y/n fell asleep. Probably because she doesn't want to leave without warning one of us. Or maybe it's because she doesn't want to go to that hospital room again...

"Hey, Tony. Look." I say, pointing to Y/n over in the corner.

"Aww, was an adorable sight." Tony coos with a laugh. "Guess we should bring her back to her room now."

"Well, maybe we can get her an actual room? One that doesn't remind her of... you know." I ask, expecting a no for an answer. Surprisingly, I was wrong.

"Yeah, maybe you're right. She's feel more comfortable that way, and maybe we'll gain her trust." Tony agrees with me.

He starts talking to FRIDAY in preparation for a room.

I slowly walk over to Y/n's small frame, gently picking her up in my arms. She feels like nothing! Poor thing, she really is like a doll. I smile to myself at the thought.

I can feel everyone's eyes on me now.

"Alright, rooms all set! It's the empty one in between Wanda's and Sam's room." Tony half whispers to me. I nod and head down that hallway.

I reach Y/n's new room and ask FRIDAY to open the door for me, as my hands were full at the moment. I glide over to the bed and ever-so-carefully set her down, trying my best not to wake her.

Pulling a blanket over her I whisper, "You know, my room is only a few doors down from here. Maybe we'll be seeing more of each other."

She shifts slightly and makes a little noise in her sleep. Perhaps she agrees with me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, lovely readers!

I hope you're enjoying the story so far! So far there's only been a little bit of Bucky fluff, but I promise there will be more very soon!

If you are enjoying the story so far and want to see more, please vote and comment! I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so much for reading!