Chapter Seven: Couple's Therapy

Your POV

Once everyone calmed down, some went back to their work, others went back to training, but Bucky and Sam stayed with me. Sam walked over to Bucky in the corner and started talking with him. Every once in a while Sam would turn to me trying to incorporate me in the conversation, but I would only nod in response. However, I still appreciated his thoughts.

Then once the two got the hint that I didn't want to talk, Sam pulled Bucky away from me. They started whispering, glancing back at me every once in a while. This seems to be happening quite a lot lately. They hide a lot from me, but I do the same to them. The two then nod to each other and head back towards me.

"Hey, Y/n. We were, uh... We were thinking that maybe we should set up some therapy sessions for you. It may help you adjust more easily." Sam offers in a gentle tone. However, Bucky must've picked up on my stiffness and panicked expression.

"I know it seems scary at first, but trust me it helps. I go to these therapy sessions, too. The therapist is really nice and understanding." Bucky adds, earning a nod from Sam.

I just shake my head no, hoping they would drop the subject. I don't want to go to some therapist who doesn't have any idea what it's like to be in my situation.

The two sigh, but then Sam's head perks up. Bucky looks at him with a confused expression, and we wait for him to speak what's on his mind.

"How about you go with Bucky to a therapy session? You won't be alone then, so it'll be less scary. And there won't be too many people to open up to. You two already have the Hydra thing in common, so it might help venting to one another." Sam says smirking to Bucky. I notice Bucky's cheeks flush a little.

He looks down to me for approval, which I wasn't sure I wanted to give. Except, Bucky seems to want to. He opened up to me before about his dreams, so maybe I should...

"That is an excellent idea, Sammy!" I hear Tony boast from the other side of the room.

"Well, only if she-"

"Nope, I don't care. She's under my house, and that means my rules. It'll be good for the both of you, so you're going!" Tony insists. He grabs our arms and drags us across the building. I try to protest a little, but there's honestly nothing I can do at this point. Tony was right. They are taking care of me, so I have little wiggle room to refuse much.

"Hey Charlotte! I brought Bucky aaand this little cutie. They're gonna do a couple's therapy session. Okay? You kids have fun!" Tony teases, practically throwing us into the room. He quickly leaves, shutting the door behind him.

"Ah! You must be Y/n. It's nice to meet you. My name's Charlotte." The woman offers her hand. I timidly take it, and she shakes mine with confidence.

Bucky says hello to Charlotte and immediately takes a seat. He pats the other chair next to him, motioning for me to sit down. I do as he wants, but I sit on edge. This room felt cold. It reminded me of the evaluation room back in the laboratory. I look back at the therapist woman and notice she's writing something down on a clipboard.

"Alright, since you're new Y/n, maybe we can start out with some simple exercises. When Bucky first started coming to me, I would do some inkblot tests." She then brings out a small pile of cards. She shows one to me, and it has a weird black and white design on it. Each one seemed to be different.

"So what we do is... I show you a card with the inkblot on it, and you tell me what it is you see." Charlotte says holding up a new card.

"What am I supposed to see?" I immediately ask. She and Bucky frown.

"Well, it's not necessarily a 'right or wrong answer' question. You look at the card and tell me what you see. And what you see will be different from what I see, and from what Bucky sees." Charlotte explains further. I still don't understand. Why ask me what I see when there's not a real answer to the question?

"Here. I'll go first." Bucky states, giving me a gentle smile. "I see a large bird spreading its wings around something small."

"What is the small thing? Why is the bird spreading its wings around it?" Charlotte asks.

"I'm not sure what the small thing is... but it's weak and scared... so the large bird seems to wants to protect it." Bucky says with a serious face.

"Very good. And Y/n, what do you see?" She asks turning the card to me. I sit and think for a moment.

"I... I see a dark figure surrounding a little girl. She's scared, but the dark figure is..." I try to choke out, but I feel uncomfortable.

"Who is this little girl? What is the dark figure doing?" Charlotte asks with a concerned look. I try to speak again, but a lump in my throat stops me.

"He... he's hurting me..." I whisper with tears running down my face.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

This chapter was a little shorter than the others, but it's just because the next one will be longer than normal.

We will see more Bucky feels and more about the Reader's past in the next chapter so get ready!

I hope you guys like the story so far! Make sure to vote if you do and comment if you want to suggest anything!

I am still taking requests for any of my stories including this one, my Marvel Oneshots, and my Supernatural Oneshots.

Thank you so much for reading! See ya in the next chapter!!