Chapter Three

[Just as an A/N before the chapter- yes, the header image is mine, I drew it, please do NOT use it anywhere else without crediting me and getting ny permission. Thank you.]
______________________________________

-Also this is mainly just a filler chapter, so you can skip it if you'd like and it won't really affect the plot too much-
______________________________________

Curly frowned as Pony tried to squeeze into the bathroom with him. It was a tight fit, but they made it work.

"So where's the dye at?" Pony asked, scanning the random collection of bottles lining the wall between the mirror and sink. Curly reached in front of him and picked out a black box from the back in the left corner.

"Wait it doesn't come in a bottle?" Pony frowned, confused.

"Nope, you need to mix the chemicals first."

"Oh."

Curly opened the small box, taking out the bottle and package. He twisted off the cap and pinched open the bag.

"You have to mix the two to get the dye, see?" Curly explained, pouring the contents of the package into the bottle and shaking it up.

Curly could tell Pony was still confused even though he nodded along.

"Here, now take this and brush."
The blonde said, handing him a hair brush.
Pony just smiled slightly and took it, starting to section off his curls down the middle.

While he was brushing, Curly emptied  the rest of the box. He picked through the remnants until he found a brush that resembled a paint brush.

Shaking the dye bottle one last time, he grabbed the tiny black bowl from the edge of the sink and unscrewed the cap, pouring in some dye.

"Okay, this is gonna be messy, 'kay Pony?" Curly warned. "This stuff stains everything so you might wanna grab some gloves. They're in th' cabinet."

The brunette nodded, slipping on two of the black disposable gloves.

"Okay, now take this," the blonde said, handing him the paintbrush item,"and jus' sort of 'paint' the dye on my hair, 'kay?"
Curly was slightly nervous but it didn't show. He quickly grabbed a black towel and wrapped it around his neck so it covered it, along with the majority of his torso.

"Yeah okay," Pony smiled, taking the brush.
______________________________________

"Now you have to let it sit for half an hour, so we can jus' hang out for a while until it's done."

Pony put the brush down and stared at Curly as he got up. He looked normal again-- to Pony. His hair was black, if a bit shiny from the wet dye.

"So, you gonna explain to me what this is all about anytime soon, Curly?"
Pony frowned, placing the brush back in the bowl.

"Yeah...yeah, Pony. Uh, also, thanks for helping me with the..." He trailed off.

Ponyboy just nodded, "Sure, sure, of course. I just would like some explanation."

Curly sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, I know, ki-- sorry, I mean Pony."
He started putting the dye paraphaliea back in it's box on the sink counter.
"Hey, I'll tell you what, once we're done with this and I can rinse my hair out, I'll take us down to the Dairy Queen for lunch. My treat." Curly offered.

Pony smiled, then hid it. "Alright, but you have to explain this over lunch, yeah?"

Curly grinned and nodded.

They technically had a date...