Chapter 1: 1973

"Come on man, don't be such a spaz! This place is supposedly haunted by some creepy ass ghost who eats people," Chad laughed, throwing back his head and chugging the rest of the beer in his bottle. "Sick, isn't it?"

"Telling me there's a zombie or some shit livin' in an abandoned buildin' isn't gunna make me wanna go in there anymore than I don't want to," Todd muttered. Chad threw his arms around Todd's shoulder, and squeezed his friend's neck.

"Chill, man! It's just a story," Chad laughed and whipped his bottle over the chain link fence surrounding the warehouse. Todd rolled his eyes and slipped out of Chad's grasp. The two were quiet with mild cursing as they began to climb the fence.

"Ah, shit! I think I cut my hand," Chad shouted in a whisper. "You got anything to wrap this with?"

"Of course not, idiot," Todd hissed. "Why would I?"

Chad glared at Todd as they walked up to the massive doors that led into the warehouse. The two were silent as they stared up at the doors.

"Well," Chad grinned. "Let's go."

They ended up having to break a window to get in. Todd hoisted Chad through the window and pulled himself up after. He lost his balance and landed on top of Chad, and was immediately pushed off.

"Duuuude, we're in," Chad grinned and stood up, looking around. "This is great!"

"We're going to die," Todd mumbled to himself. Chad didn't hear him and kept walking. Todd dragged himself along and rubbed his arms. It was late October, and he didn't even have a jacket on. Chad was too drunk to notice the cold, and he was yelling into the empty space.

"HERE GHOSTIE, GHOSTIE, GHOSTIE," Chad called out. "COME OUT, COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE!"

Todd grabbed Chad's arm. "Dude, shut the fuck up. We don't need to attract a ghost or whatever."

Chad wrenched his arm out of Todd's grasp and kept yelling. A loud crash came from behind the two and they jumped, whirling around.

"Holy shit," Chad laughed. "Ghostie's pissed. Hey, ghostie! You mad? You mad that we're in your fucking house?"

No reply. "Come on man," Todd begged. "We should go."

Before Chad could call his friend something rude, another crash sounded through the air, this time from in front of the two. Todd's breathing was labored and now Chad was even freaking out.

"Can we please-," Todd began, but someone laughed. An insane laugh, sending shivers down the boys' spines.

"Who the fuck is out there," Chad screamed. He turned to look behind them and jumped, a small scream escaping his throat. Standing there was a dark figure, and if Todd squinted enough, he could see that it was a girl. As soon as she had appeared, she vanished out of sight, and the whirring of a generator could be heard as lights flickered on, weak and sputtering. The two boys whirled in different directions, trying to find the girl again.

"Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, Jesus fucking Christ," Chad was cursing worriedly. Todd was silent, eyeing the shadows nervously. He saw a shadow dart between two pillars and then charge out of the darkness. Chad felt someone ram into his side and he gave off a grunt as he hit the ground. Todd jumped on top of the person and wrapped an arm around their neck, yanking back to pull the person off of Chad. The two tumbled off Chad and Todd felt his spine grind into the ground. He hissed in pain as the person squirmed on top of him, crushing his chest. A sudden pain ran through Todd's arm and he howled, releasing the figure. The person rolled off Todd and the two boys got a good look at the person.

"Holy shit," Chad mumbled, laughing a little as he stood up. "You're a girl?"

The girl didn't find Chad's remark very funny, and she made it very clear. Her mouth twisted into a snarl, her blue eyes flashing angrily as she gave her head a toss. Her long, stringy, dark hair revealed a dark, bloody hole in her forehead. Chad shut up and stumbled back, gasping and sputtering. The girl grinned, her teeth bloody from biting Todd's arm. Todd felt his arm burning, a searing, white hot pain and he looked down to see a chunk of flesh missing from his forearm. He glanced back up to the girl and saw her chewing on something, then swallow.

"Hmmmm," she muttered. "You're not half bad."

The two boys stared in horror and the girl threw her head back and laughed.

"Did you really think I was just some story your parents told you to keep you away from this building? Nope, I'm not a story. I exist and everything about the stories you're told is true," she cackled. "And what I even like better is that when you all grow up, you think that these stories aren't true, and break in here to see for yourselves. And you find out you're wrong."

Todd heard Chad sniff and the girl whipped her head towards him. "Oh Jesus Christ, are you some sort of crybaby? God, you're weak and I feel like you're going to taste bad. Jesus."

Todd glanced around to see if there was anything to use as a weapon, but no such luck. Before he could look back to the girl, there was a loud SNAP and Todd whipped his head towards Chad, who slumped lifelessly to the floor. The girl let go of his head and looked over to Todd.

"It's such a shame to waste valuable time on whiny brats when you can just snap their necks," she said, walking over to Todd. Todd froze as the girl caressed his cheek and jaw. "You're not such a bad looker. You kind of remind me of a friend I used to have..."

Todd relaxed.

"He was my closest friend too," she continued. "But I hate him. He killed me. So I killed him."

Todd groaned as he felt a blade pierce his back and tear downwards. The girl yanked the blade, some sort of butchers knife, out of his back and then stab him in the chest.

"Nothing really personal," she giggled, "but I'm hungry."

Her insane cackle was the last thing Todd ever heard.