Chapter 4: 2013

Ivy was completely done with her friend. Not only were they walking towards an abandoned, supposedly haunted warehouse, but it was a game of Truth or Dare... With white people. And Ivy knew better than to listen to anyone who was white when it came to horror- y'know, the whole "white people die in horror movies because they're the idiots who go explore haunted buildings," stereotype. And the Latino girl was ready to leave and go home.

"Seriously Amanda, why are we going to do this? We're going to die out here and no one's going to find us," Ivy groaned. "And why am I even friends with you white bitches? Y'all always die in horror movies and get everyone around you killed because you bring all these  serial killers and ghosts with you and end up killing all of us."

"Don't be racist, Ivy. White people never die in horror movies. It's always people of color," Amanda replied. Ivy almost smacked her friend in the back of the head for stupidity. By now they had gotten to the gate blocking off the warehouse from the rest of the world.  Ivy climbed over it and dropped to the ground, waiting on Amanda to get over the fence.

"Come on. If we're going to go in this hellhole, I'm gonna hope you die first."

The person inside the building watched the two girls drop over the fence and head inside. She dragged herself away from the window and tried to climb up into the rafters, but because she had had no food for almost two weeks, the girl fell, luckily landing on her feet. She dropped to her knees and crawled down a flight of stairs, quickly hiding before the rusted doors burst open for the first time in almost 5 years. (After some severe flooding and storms in 2008, the local government declared that the building was condemned and actually had police cars patrolling for law breaking teens on a game of truth or dare. The girl had been surprised at the fact that no officer had caught her leaving).

"Come on, Ivy," the blonde said, tossing her head in annoyance. "We're not going to die."

The hiding girl chuckled, breathing deep to find the girls' scents. Even underneath the layers of perfume and spray tan and hairspray, the girl smelled sweet. Sniffing in the other direction, she could smell different spices and warmth and love, making her wonder if the black haired beauty never really left the house. She sniffed again and this time realized there was a familiar smell that radiated from the blonde. A memory suddenly flashed through her mind.

"JO, RUN!"

"Do I know you? Who are you?"

"I am the Cannibal of Changeling Woods."

"Damn. I let her get away. But that will NEVER happen again."

The Cannibal gasped softly and quickly crouched down behind some crates. As she stood back up, the black- haired girl glanced in her direction, only to see nothing. The Cannibal stalked the two with her eyes, making sure the blonde never left her sight. Dragging herself along, the girl followed her prey, trying to keep up with them. She was hungry and wasn't ready to starve to death.

"Amanda, I think someone's in here," the black- haired girl said, grabbing her friend's arm. The blonde shrugged her off.

"No one's here. God, you sound like my grandmother with her bullshit story of being chased through the woods and watching her boyfriend's throat getting ripped out by some maniac. So paranoid," the blonde stated, clearly annoyed by her friend's anxiety.

"Your grandmother may be right to be paranoid," the other growled. "The woods and this building have had weird shit go down. You do know that most people who go in here usually die and are found with chunks of flesh or whole limbs missing."

The blonde rolled her eyes and kept walking. The Cannibal felt her mouth twist into a wide smile and her eyes lit up. She was right; this was the granddaughter of the girl (Jo was it), who had gotten away back in 1956. And now she was going to get her revenge on that bitch who had run off.

"I honestly hope you get your arm ripped off so you can actually figure out that you white people are crazy and usually wrong when it comes to horror movies," the black-haired girl growled, wandering away from her friend. Cannibal silently moved towards the blonde, her stomach rumbling.

"Hey, Ivy, did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

The killer cursed her stomach and stopped moving. The two girls stopped and looked around before Amanda shrugged and kept walking while Ivy kept nervously glancing around. Cannibal edged out of her hiding spot, closely following the blonde.

"Ivyyyy, I know you're trying to scare me," Amanda giggled, turning to tell her friend to stop. Her smile slipped from her face and was rapidly replaced with a look of fear. Cannibal grinned at her and lunged forward, the girl's scream echoing in her ears.

Ivy heard her friend's scream and sprinted back to where she had left Amanda. Her eyes widened in horror as she watched a girl with long black, blonde, pink, red, and blue hair tear out her friend's throat, blood spurting everywhere. Amanda was gurgling at her friend, who was standing there in shock, wondering what the hell was exactly going on. The nameless girl threw her head back and swallowed the chunk of flesh. Ivy gasped and her hand flew to her mouth. However, the girl had already heard her, and she turned around, a bloody grin plastered on her face. Ivy started backing away, praying the girl wouldn't give chase. The girl dropped Amanda's lifeless body and started towards Ivy. Ivy turned tail and sprinted towards the door.

Cannibal cursed her weakened state; her prey was getting away. She quickly bent down and grabbed up a pipe, speeding up to catch the girl. Using every last bit of strength the cannibal had, she bolted forward and raised the pipe above her head. She was close enough to knock Ivy out; she jumped at the girl, bringing the pipe down-

Ivy could hear the cannibal right behind her and tried to sprint faster when something smashed into the back of her head. The girl felt cool metal and blood trickle down her neck. As she fell to the ground, Ivy looked up to see the girl toss the pipe and grab a hold of her ankles, dragging her away from the door. Ivy groaned in pain and reached towards the doorway as she slowly blacked out.