Breaking Ice

"Good morning, K!" Rika shouted.

K yawned. It's 7 o'clock. She prepared breakfast for K and get ready to open their cafeteria. She tied her long hair with a blue ribbon and put some files in her bag. K guessed she must woke up at 5 a.m. today.

Too early. Fritz still not wake up around this hour.

"After having your breakfast, you can go straight to his house." She smiled.

"You know I don't want to do it at the first place." She sat at the chair, took a bread. Then she poured milk at her glass.

"Well, you agreed to do it, right?" 

"You are the one who agreed it. What's the deal?" Her voice sounds annoyed. She drank the milk for second time.

"Nothing. I haven't decide it, yet. I will let you know I already did. Oh, just ignore it. Can't you?" She finally took a seat in front of K. They live together in a small apartment. Comfortable for two persons. Have two bedrooms with each bathroom, a parlor with small living room and big kitchen and dining area. Rika spent her money mostly in decorate the kitchen and dining area. She said it was a good motivation for a chef to come up with ideas. 

"I'm not gonna let it slip away. You're fully aware about that." She stood up after finished her breakfast. She doing the dishes at sink and stood beside the counter, leaning on it. She stared at Rika who took a sip of tea. She stopped after realizing K is watching her. She rolled her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes."

"Oops, sorry." She gave her a cute smile and winked. K replied with a smile but still not taking any move.

"What?" Rika asked. 

"Seriously, Rika. What's in your mind?" K asked. She then walked slowly towards Rika, which makes her stop to drink her tea.

This girl would not let me slip away. So I better start talking. Or else she will continue do it, this Gucci!

"Nothing. It's nothing actually. It just you know, I know how you missed it so much." She said while stood up with her cup and walked to the sink.

"It's been a while but I wish we don't talk about it." K replied. Rika started to wash her cup.

"You can lie to anyone but not me. We've been together for 15 years, we both know you really want it. Solving the cases. With that brain. Back then, you were the one who assist the police to close the cases. You've solved many cases, okay?" Rika tried to convince K. It's time for her to move on.  She walked towards K and hold her shoulders. K sighed. It's true but K still don't want to go back to her old ways.

"I was ex-high school detective, Rika. But that was my past."

"K, you already move on. You're moving on over him. Yes, we all know you still can't let him go but how long are you going to stay in that way? Are you going to stuck in one place, without doing anything? Remember , you are the one who always say you want to become a detective. You can't let this neighborhood full with crimes, don't you?" Rika gave her a lecture. 

"Yes, I did. Now just shut up and open the cafe. You are going to be late." K stared at their wall clock. It's already 8 o'clock.

"Oh my Prada! This is all your fault, you know. And more thing, stop looking at your past. You are not going that way," She immediately took her bag and leave the apartment. 

K smiled and stared outside the window.

One bad chapter does not mean my story's over.

Suddenly her phone received the messages. She checked the email and smile again.