Possessed

Inspired by Gravity falls fanfic by Rockytop767

Chapter 1

When I was sent of to Gravity Falls, Oregon, I expected a
Oboring summer with our Great Uncle, or Gruncle, Stan. Me and my twin sister Mabel were sent here and I didn't take it lightly. Mabel on the other hand seemed to see the bright side of things and to her this summer seemed perfect. She would roll around in the grass and talk to the wild life while I would sit on tree stumps or logs and thought of the torture we were enduring. The sun's orange rays blasted down and roasted our skin, it was really hot out, but with lack of air conditioning inside, it was hotter in there than out here. I watched Mabel play with the goat that hung around the house. She had a sunset colored sweater with a kangaroo on it. I still didn't understand how she was wearing a sweater in this heat. I sat on my usual stump bored out of my mind. After the fiftieth time I saw Mabel poke the goat in the face and say "Boop." I got up and walked through the forest. I grabbed some pebbles out of a small dried lake bed and started to throw them. I muttered to myself angrily. "Of course I we set here for the summer and not at a camp..." I muttered. I chucked another pebble. " I mean, do they even know Gruncle Stan?" I asked my self. I threw another pebble. "I'm just so bored." I tossed another. Before I could speak again a loud thunk sounded in front of me. I froze. I started to look around frantically as I waited to see some strange animal or a bear at worst, but nothing happened. I walked to where I heard the thunk. I saw my pebble lying on the ground in front of a tree. I walked up and hit tree. A hollow metallic sound echoed. "What the heck?" I whispered. I pried open the door in the tree. There was a few buttons and a joy stick type thing. I pressed a faded yellow button, but nothing happened, so I pressed the green one. Suddenly I heard something unlock and air being released. I whipped around to see a secret door sliding open. "Whoa..." I said astonished by my finding. I looked around to make sure Mabel wasn't here. I peered inside and saw what looked like a rectangular box. I picked it up only to realize it was a book. I tilted it and inspected it before I blew off the dust on old cobwebs. On the cover was a gold print of a six fingered hand and the number three was in the middle. "What is this?" I wondered. I opened the book gently. Inside was a page that said "Property of ____" I scowled, but then rejoiced. This book was already interesting and I didn't want to have to return it. I flipped through he pages. I saw many weird creatures as well as terrifying ones. Many spells and potions were displayed on the pages I was so eager in reading it that I almost didn't notice that the pages became blank. I looked at the blank pages curiously, wondering why they stopped. I saw on another page it said trust no one. I shuddered. "I hope I can trust some people..." I sad barely audible.

"Trust who?!" Screamed a voice.

I screamed and fell of the log I had sat on.

I looked up to see Mabel dying of laughter. She started to imitate me. "Aaaah!" She said waving her arms around.

"Mabel!" I shouted, interrupting her laugh fest.

"What's up Dip?" She asked happily.

I have her my 'exasperated are you serious' look.

"Ok, ok, sorry." She said backing off.

"Mabel, you need to look at this! It contains incantations, curses, potions, many creature, spells! It's full of all this supernatural stuff!" I said pumped with excitement. "And-and," I said as I flipped through the pages as Mabel stared in wonder and confusion. "This page, it says to trust no one." I said ominously.

"Oooooo!" Mabel said sarcastically.

"No! Mabel! This is serious! This book was hidden well! I found it by accident! I think we should believe what it says."

"Dipper, bro, if it was buried in the dirt," she said pointing at the hole. ", then why should we trust it, I mean it was buried to a reason right." She told me.