Oh go Suck a Duck

I opened the door and got absolutely soaked, the classic throw the aguamenti spell at the next person who comes through the door. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, spraying water everywhere. I heard two people laughing and i looked at where it was coming from and saw James Potter and Sirius Black almost rolling on the floor from laughing. I continued to my seat in the middle of the transfiguration classroom, wringing my hair and thanking Merlin i was wearing my jumper, or that would have been a rather awkward.

  My best friend Lissa was laughing at me, i huffed at her folding my arms across my chest as the water soaked through me and made me shiver. She continued to laugh

'I'm seriously finding it hard not to stab you with my quill right now' i said to her, she snickered and looked around at our table.

'Oh yeah?' she asked in a patronising way

'Yeah' i replied

'with what quill?' i looked around and then pulled my quill from my bag

'With this one' i said holding it in front of her and tickling her nose, she blew it away from her nose and smiled

'Oh' she said offhandedly

'Yeah' we both began to laugh, god i love my friend.

Professor McGonagall walked into the room and took her place in front of the class she looked around at us, and her eyes lingered on me.

'Why are you wet, miss Griffin?' she asked me

'I stepped in a puddle' i said earning a snort from Lissa who covered it with a cough

professor McGonagall gave me a stern look, but didn't press the matter any further, and proceeded in teaching the class.

i turned to look at Lissa who was biting her quill, which she only does when something is bothering her

'What's up?' i asked her, she sighed

'Marshmallows are kinda gross, when you think about it' she whispered back

'I think it’s a good kind of gross, though. Like tiny, edible fat people' i said back, we both fell into hysterics. Professor Mcgonagall stopped talking and stared at us, she cleared her throat and Lissa and i tried to calm down.

'Miss Griffin and Newton, would you like to explain to the class what you're finding so funny?' she asked. i snorted and caught my breath, well she did ask.

'It was just about how marshmellows were gross in a good way, like mini edible fat people' and that was it, we were off again, Lissa proceeded in falling off her chair, Professor mcgonagall didn't see the funny side, well that is her problem. A few other students were laughing too, others just staring at our crazyness, well as i like to say 'Without crazy people the world would be really boring' professor mcgonagall cleared her throat again, i wiped at the tears in my eyes.

'Five points from ravenclaw each, for disrupting my lesson, and you both have received a detention for Friday night' Oh the Joys!

We both sat down and began to draw a picture each to be judged by Jake later, he was our other friend, he was a Ravenclaw too, and a prefect.

We completed the spell on our mouse first time, well we were put in Ravenclaw for a reason, just as professor mcGonagall was walking close by, she looked approvingly at the newly transfigured goblet before walking over to the others. I took Transfiguration, Defence against the dark arts, Potions, charms, herbology, care of magical creatures and astronomy, Herbology was next, and to say i was dreading it was an understatement, plants usually attacked me...