Moral Support

Zelda woke up early for a Saturday, 10:00 to be exact. Her crazy dreams had led her to wake up a lot earlier than she normally would, no matter what day it were.

She leant over the side of her bed to grab her phone and to check last night's recording. The worst thing about the weird sleep talking was that she had to review the recordings afterwards to see what she actually said, if anything. Although the app was only supposed to pick up sounds to shorten the recording. However, it picked up literally any sound whatsoever, so it was kinda pointless.

She remembered her dream from last night, it'd been the same one for weeks. The weird thing about it though, was that it was just an average day in Zelda's life. But all she would say was things that had to do with Link one way or another.

She opened her messages as she started typing a text. No... It's too early. He'll be asleep. She put her phone back down and just layed in bed for a second.

Ping!

'Morning! Are you up? ^-^' She knew immediately that it was Link, no one else would send that cute emoji face.

'Yep. I'm surprised you are!!'

'Couldn't really sleep last night :/'

She got a little worried. She'd never heard of Link not getting sleep.

'Are you alright?'

'Yeah, just restlessness, I suppose'

Zelda held her breath whilst typing, she always got so anxious asking of things like this.

'Wanna come over today? I have the house to myself until late and I don't want to be alone all day'

'You had me at today'  Her heart jumped, as she saw the three little dots once more. 'I'll be over in an hour x'

Seeing the kiss at the end made her immediately smile. They didn't text often so it was quite awkward normally, but when she thought about it, the kiss to her meant something deeper than just an x at the end of a text.

'See ya then x'

She got out of bed and did her normal morning routine, which mostly consisted of prancing around like a ballerina so her bare feet wouldn't get cold on the hardwood floor.

Her father left rather early, so she didn't have to worry about confronting him about Link coming over. He liked Link, but didn't like him visiting because according to him 'all boys have the same mind'. 

She threw on some basic jeans and a shirt, not expecting to be going out anywhere.

She heard the door knock as her stomach flipped. Why do I have to be so nervous every time?... I see him every other day she thought as she was walking to the front door.

When she opened it she saw the very familiar face, and she already felt at ease. Link was dressed in his green shirt and some jeans, what he wore most of the time.

"Hello little elf boy!" She greeted him with, closing the door behind him.

"That's new!" He said, taking his hat, scarf and gloves off.

He walked with Zelda into the living room, where they both sat down on the sofa. Zelda wanted to go outside, she really liked the cold yet warming weather. Link however, did not.

After talking about it for a while and Zelda trying to convince him, she remembered something that her dad had told her that morning.

"I know how you wanted to go to that new theme park that opened down town, so I got you a couple of day passes. They're valid until next month, so make sure to use them"