Chapter 1: The Lucky Girlfriend

Copyright © 2015 by GirlOnSet
All rights reserved.
This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review. Moreover, this book is now digitally published exclusively with STARY PTE. LTD. on the app called "Dreame".

______________________________________

CHAPTER 1: The Lucky Girlfriend

Lily's POV:

I was sitting on my bed, reading the last chapter of The Hunger Games Trilogy: Mockingjay. I didn't notice that it's already dark outside until mom called me from below for dinner. All I did for the whole day was read. I don't even remember going out from my room unless mom calls me to eat.

Actually, all I did the whole summer was read a book or watch some boring chick flick movies, because that's the only movies we have since they are mom's favorite. We also went shopping because I was being dragged to do so, and shopping isn't my thing. How much does my life suck? Oh yeah, A LOT. You wonder why I didn't spend my summer with Jenny? Well, my best friend was happily enjoying her whole summer touring Asia. Pfft, lucky her! It makes me think that my life is such a boring book.

Summer's almost over, I thought.

I sighed looking outside the window, staring blankly at nothing. How could summer end so soon? I prefer reading books all day than going to school and doing a lot of homework which I hate the most. And the exams... ugh, those torturing exams.

I know. I complain a lot about school because I'm not a geek. I hate school not the education, just to be exact. I'm not a loner. I have friends. Well, I don't really have lots of 'em. I'm pretty normal and I don't have it all together. Sometimes, I cuss when I'm so mad and pissed off. I'm not perfect and believe me, I like being imperfect. It makes me - me.

I don't like being the center of attraction, so obviously, I'm not one of the popular kids in my school. I like to hide in the background. I don't like popularity. Seriously, why are people so obsessed in becoming popular? Well, maybe because their life will be sparkles and shimmer, and-oh-so-amazing compared to mine that sucks? Or is it their way to fit in? Or they just want to be popular so they could have a lot of followers on Instagram? Like, seriously.

Anyway, let's move onto the one thing I hate the most at school -- Mr. Popular Jerk and his disciples.

***

"Good luck on your senior year, cupcake," mom said as I was about to open the door on my side of the car.

I gave her a peck kiss on the cheek and climbed out from the car. I waved goodbye as mom drove off.

Okay, here we go. Senior year, huh. Les do dis!

"Lily!" a familiar voice called out from behind. And from the tone of that girl's voice, I knew it was my best friend, Jenny Smith.

I turned around with a big grin on my face, and beamed, "Jenny!" She hugged me tightly, making me feel like I couldn't breathe anymore.

"U-uhh... J-Jen..." I stammered as I tried catching my breath. "Can't... breathe... can you g-get off now?"

She pulled away as I gasped for air then she pinched my cheeks. "I missed you, you little cutie!"

"Ow, ow," I exclaimed in pain. "Stop it, Jenny Anne Smith!"