Goodnight Poison

We returned to zone 6 with the remaining people. Killjoys from all over came to celebrate the death of Korse. I was so tired, and passing out gave Poison all the more reason to keep me from sleeping. We all got out of the car, looking around at the crowd of killjoys cheering us. I smiled weakly at Poison, who was smiling at me. He raised his fist in the air, making the crowd go even more crazy. Ghoul pulled me and Star in to a tight hug, I hugged them back best I could. Poison joined in and hugged us all as a group. "Kobra would be proud Poison." I whispered. "He'd be proud of you to, you saved my life out there." Poison said. I smiled, hiding my face by looking down. "I'll never be able to thank you enough." He said. "Yeah.. if only I could have done that for Kobra." I said. "Hey.. he'd be very proud. Everyone dies.. sometimes the bad guys win." Poison said. I sighed, following him in to Cherry's tent. Killjoys outside continued to celebrate. "We brought peace back to California. Korse can't bullshit people anymore with this." Poison said smiling at Cherry. She looked up at Poison, tears streaming down her pink cheeks. "What's wrong?" I asked her, sitting down next to her. "I just was thinking about Agent but it's nothing." She said. "Well, I'm sorry we lost her. Everyone dies.. sometimes the bad guys win" I said. She smiled at me. Poison was looking at me in a loving way. I just smirked and got up.

After all the Killjoys settled down, Poison pulled me, Star, Missile, and Ghoul outside. "We have to leave the zones soon." Poison said. I stopped him in his tracks. "What? No.. we can't just leave!" I said, pushing him back and stopping him. He looked at me funny. "Bullet, we have to go. Lord knows whats gonna happen. It might not be safe." He said. "Wow, so we fight this big battle to save people then you just wanna leave when there might be more danger? That seems a little bit off to me." I said, pissed off at Poison's choices. "They wont hurt these people but they'll hurt us Bullet now lets go!" He said yanking my arm. "Take your hands off me! POISON! Our lives are here! The lake house, your mother! My family's bodies, Cellophane! Kobra is here. Our friends are here! We can't just leave that behind! So what a few dracs are coming after us? It's nothing! We killed their leader! They're nothi-" "It's not just dracs! It's much much bigger. They may ot have a leader but they're smart enough to know what to do for themselves. If we don't leave now we'll be dead before morning alright. If you want to stay then fine have it your way." He said. I looked back at the tent, Cherry was waving for me to go. I sighed, tears filling my eyes. "I hate this so much." I said, following Poison to the car.

3 years later:

"Sometime's the bad guys win. Death comes to all of us at some point. Poison was an amazing man." Poison's uncle said, wiping tears from his eyes. I rolled my eyes at the sight of him, stealing from my speech. Poison's mom turned around and looked at me with tears in her eyes. I smiled slightly, taking her hand and kissing it. She patted my wrist and turned back around. "Bullet wants to speak." Uncle said. I got up from my seat on the old church bench and made my way to the tall podium at the front of the church. I stood in front of rows and rows of Killjoys with masks on, all wearing black. I slipped my old mask over my face and began to speak. "Poison told me a few years ago exactly what uncle just said. We were in a battle that killed his brother Kobra and I blamed it on myself for not dusting the damned drac. Things were hard after that, but we won the battle. Poison told me that were all born to die, everything we do leads up to that day we die. Turn to dust. One person we could always look up to was Dr. Death. He always said, "Keep your boots tight, keep your gun close, and die with your mask on." And Poison did, just like I will and all of you will. Once a killjoy, always a killjoy." I stepped down from the podium with Poison's mask in my hand. I walked to the casket and looked down at his soft red hair and his pale, lifeless face. I slipped his mask on over his eyes and closed the casket. Then, I turned around and left the church. Never again to return.

THE END, I HOPE YOU LIKED IT! I worked really hard and I know it's not perfect but I really did do my best. THANKS FOR READING!