Ciel

The door seemed to open on its own accord, slamming into the wall that posed as an obstacle to its trajectory. Startled, my neck snapped up. I was met with a mouthful of blond curls, a spectrum of squeals, and a suffocating embrace. Spitting the golden hair from my mouth, I pushed my chair back and squirmed away from the arms thrown around me.
"Ciel!" Elizabeth squealed, a glossy page clenched in her slender fingers.
"Elizabeth..." I sighed warily. "What are you doing here?"
"Just call me Lizzy!" she insisted before looking around my office. She frowned. " You're so serious, Ciel. It must be your office."
I crossed my arms, glaring. "Elizabeth, you are not going to redocrate my office. You know how your little projects always go."
"But it's just so gloomy," Elizabeth pouted.
Sighing, I gesture to the page in her fist. At this rate, we'll be conversing about renovation and my disposition all morning. "What's that?"
Having forgotten all about the flyer in her hand, Elizabeth starts. "Oh!" She flattened the paper on my desk, pushing a quill out of the way and smoothing out the wrinkles.
Standing over the oaken desk, I groped for words. "It's... It's an ad for a trip to Paris... Why?"
Giggling, Elizabeth leans over the desk, ruffles of her dress rustling across the sutrace, and rapped her knuckles gently on my forehead. "It's for us, silly! And that butler of yours, too, if you want. We're going to go all over the world and see all the sights! Like Tokyo and Italy too!"
Elizabeth was beaming like it was the greatest thing in the world. But...
"Elizabeth, my work. I can't."
"But, it'll be fun," Elizabeth counters, her eyes pleading.
I picked up the flyer, my eyes roaming over the page. The price was managable, not even a dent. The sights listed looked amazing. But it lasted... Almost a month. A month away from my company, a month away from my queen.
"I can't promise you anything, Elizabeth," I sighed, dragging a hand through my hair.
Elizabeth's emerald eyes saddened as she turned to leave. "But you'll think about it, won't you, Ciel?"
"Of course," I said halfheartedly, even as the door was closing.
"Possibly."