Hiro x male reader pt. 1

It had been about half a year since things had gotten back to normal. Well, as normal as it could get for the newly founded superhero group. Something that Hiro Hamada had recently gotten back into was bot fighting. He knew it was illegal, so he didn't enter any of the fights, but he still liked to observe. It gave him a sense of nostalgia.

Today however, was different. The air was thick with excitement and adrenaline. It was again, nostalgic, but he couldn't remember why or what this feeling was. All Hiro knew was that something unusual was going to happen, and he wasn't going to miss it.

He took his usual place, trying not to be noticed in the crowd as he stood on his tip toes to see over everybody's shoulders. It seemed like the atmosphere was contagious, because soon enough he was feeling the full affects of the crowd. He caught the conversation of a couple standing next to him and his interest was sparked.

"I hear that The Fox is going to make an appearance tonight." Said a mean looking girl with pigtails. She wasn't pretty at all. Her face looked scrunched and her nose like it had been broken one two many times to be considered normal.

"Really? I heard he's been dormant for months. Nobody's seen him in forever." Said a girl who he assumed was the mean girl's sister. Less intimidating but still not someone you'd want to run into in an alleyway.

"I hope we see him! I hear he's really attractive." Said the third of the group dreamily. She was the prettiest of the bunch, but also looked to be the dumbest.

The rowdy crowd instantly fell silent as the first two contestants stepped into the ring. They all erupted again when they saw who it was and started placing their betts.

Standing there was one of the only people who ever beat Hiro in a fair match. It was The Fox. He was well built, but you couldn't tell at first glance. You had to study him from his posture, and the way he held himself as he scanned the crowd. He wore jeans and a baggy sweatshirt with the hood pulled up. Hiro watched with a shared sense of awe and admiration as the rest of the crowd.

Hiro felt himself tense as his gaze landed on him. They were just black shadows, no indication of eyes whatsoever. The masked boy cocked his head and Hiro felt like he was smiling at him. Like he remembered from that one time they fought two years ago. The Fox turned and bowed in respect to his opponent before beginning the match.

He set his bot down. It was smaller then you'd expect, but still looked like it could do some damage. It was quick and easy to maneuver. It was a sleek design, and was a bright silver with a red X on what looked to be its back. He toyed with his opponent for several minutes before ripping him to pieces and gaining cheers from the crowd.

This went on multiple times and players were backing out by the second. Finally there was only one standing. He turned and collected his money as his beaten opponents held their mangled bots. Hiro smiled at the match and turned to leave, seeing as the games were over and it was late.

Suddenly, the crowd started moving back and a path was made to where he was standing. The Fox was moving towards him. The three girls that were standing beside him started freaking out, thinking that he was coming towards them.

The Fox, however, had different plans.

He stepped closer to Hiro. To the point where Hiro almost felt the need to say 'personal space', but he didn't.

Hiro was face to mask with the nameless boy. He watched as he reached behind his head and untied his mask. He held it in place with one hand as he pulled his hood up farther with the other. Before Hiro could do anything, he felt soft, warm lips on his. It was simple and respectful, waiting for a reaction.

Hiro's eyes widened, but the hood was creating a shadow in the already dim lighting so nothing could be seen of the mysterious boys face. He just closed his eyes and leaned into the kiss. He didn't know why he enjoyed it so much, but before he could make a move to deepen the kiss the lips were gone and person behind them was being pulled back by an angry man who was now broke.

The figure didn't bother to pick up his mask as he turned and hit the man on a pressure point and sprinted away from the sore losers. Hiro didn't have any idea who the stranger was or what he looked like. He only had the feeling of his lips on his own to go by.

Just maybe, that was enough.

---

Hiro was flustered. Very flustered and blushed at the drop of a hat. The others were starting to get concerned. It got to the point where he would just spend all day in his lab working in various projects. Whenever he would run into any of his friends he would just stutter and rush somewhere else. They all knew something was up, and they were going to find out who was making Hiro act this way.

It started with Go Go asking Hiro for help on a project. She knew he would never pass up the offer since she rarely works with anyone but herself on things like these. Whilst this was going on, Honey Lemon and Wasabi were going to root around and do some digging in Hiro's lab.

After making sure Hiro would be distracted for at least an hour did they start going through the teenager's things. They spent a good thirty to forty minutes just poking around until something caught Wasabi's eye.

"Was this always here?" He asked as he held up a Japanese fox mask. He handed it to Honey who felt a weird feeling of désa vu. She could recall a time when Tadashi was teasing Hiro about liking someone. She remembered something about bot fighting and a fox mask. She snapped her fingers as she remembered and talked giddily to her partner in crime as she told him of her findings.

He agreed to remembering something along the lines of what Honey was saying and started to move things back in their proper place.

They left right before Hiro got back, sweaty and exhausted from Go Go's back breaking work. He slumped into his chair and didn't even notice any difference in his workplace other then the slight draft of an open window.

---

The annual contest for new applicants for the institute had come and gone. Today was the first day the newbies would arrive and Hiro was surprised when only one person started unloading boxes into the empty lab next door. He had (hair description) (H/c) hair and was only slightly taller than Hiro. He looked to be well built but not overly muscular. He handled the absurd amount of boxes particularly well for someone looking to be Hiro's age.

Well, almost.

The (h/c) boy had tripped over a roll in the carpet while precariously balancing multiple boxes. Hiro rushed out to see if the stranger was okay.

"Hey are you okay? I'll help you with settling in if you want." Hiro offered.

"Thanks," he said without looking up, "I'm okay and help would be-" he stopped talking when he got a good look at Hiro's face. His eyes widened slightly, but it was quickly replaced with a simple smile.

"Appreciated." He stood up and took the dropped boxes, leaving one of the lighter ones for Hiro to pick up and set them back down in their proper place. There was only a couple more and then they'd be done.

They finished and the boy who Hiro learned was named Y/N threw him a water bottle.

"Thanks for the help Hiro. I really appreciate it." Hiro just nodded and smiled.

"No problem. I know how hard just moving in can be." Hiro stated.

"I'll see you around?" He asked

"Sure." Y/N responded. He walked into his new lab and started opening different boxes. Hiro saw a glint of silver and red, but his view was blocked by Y/N as he moved another box closer to him.

Hiro just dismissed it and returned to his lab, pleased that he could have just made the foundation for a good friendship.

Oh how little he knew.