When he gets jealous

You spent the first few days of travelling with the fellowship getting to know Legolas.

You discovered how kind and gentle he was, aswell as his love for animals.

If anyone was feeding the horses, it was him.

Or if someone stopped to help a baby bird back into it's nest, it was, of course, Legolas.

You really liked that about him. Though he was quite serious he was also very kind hearted.

One afternnon you had all stopped for a bit and Boromir was teaching the hobbits how to fight.

"Left, right, now parry!" he shouted.

Just then he accidentally scratched Merry's hand with his sword immediately both Merry and Pippin started to tackle him.

"Maybe I should give you a demonstration instead," Boromir said hastily.

"I can help," you said, grabbing your sword.

"As if a lass like you can sword fight. You might be alright with a bow, but I doubt you could win against Boromir with a sword," Gimli laughed.

"I may prefer the bow, but I know many good sword fighters who know how to shoot an arrow," you said annoyed whilst helping Boromir up.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Gimli give something to Legolas.
Probably betting, you think.
Gandalf joined in, handing a few coins to Legolas as well.

You get ready to fight, determined to win.

Boromir also gets ready.

You waited for him to make the first move.

He tried to swipe at your head, but you easily parried.

Your style of fighting was very defensive, which meant that you could hold your own against much better fighters than you for a long time.

After Boromir had tried to get past your defences another five times, you decided to attack.

The next time he tried to tag you with his sword, instead of parrying, you sidestepped, and in the same movement, bought your sword round and knocked his out of his hand.

Gandalf, Legolas and Arragon clapped.

Gimli grumbled, whilst his betting money was given to Gandalf and Legolas.

Boromir looked at you in awe.

"Never in all my life have I been bested by a girl," he muttered.

"I think you'll find that (y/n) is not your average girl," Gandalf said, smiling.

Just then you all noticed a black cloud aproaching.

"I don't think that's a cloud," someone mutters.

Suddenly you realised that it's in fact a swarm of birds from Isenguard.

You frantically look around for a place to hide, but you don't see anywhere.

That's when Boromir grabbed your arm and pulled you under a bush, next to him.

It was quite uncomfortable, especially since you were so close to the guy. Too close for comfort, in your opinion.

And that was whithout counting the prickles from the bush digging into your back, and the rocks into your stomach.

"Thanks," you say anyway, after the birds had passed. Even if you would have preferred the birds.