18| passive

I couldn't scrape the possible reasons together of why my nightmares disappear when I'm with Dominic

I couldn't scrape the possible reasons together of why my nightmares disappear when I'm with Dominic. I didn't even dream something remotely close to resembling terror. Not even Jacqueline.

Maybe it's because I feel safe with him; comfortable.

Dominic keeps on tossing and turning like a restless soul. I pretend as if it doesn't bother me, but it does. I'm used to having my bed all to myself, but with paranoid parents, it's big enough to house a family on.

Ever since he laid his head on the pillow next to mine, I couldn't find the mind to sleep. He kept me awake, not only with his tossing and turning, but just with his presence. In my room. In my bed. Within my blankets. On my pillow.

I'm trying to sleep, I honestly am.

Dominic turns my entire bed into a rocking boat once again, flipping himself over from side to side—facing me. He lets out a heavy sigh, scooting so close to me that I can feel his breath run down my chest. I keep my eyes shut, pretending to be tucked away in a dreamland somewhere on the outskirts of a candy island with beaches of sugar and palm trees made with chocolate bark.

"You're such an innocent soul," he whispers, combing his fingers through my hair so delicately, it's as if swivels of air is rushing through individual strands.

He thinks I'm asleep. It's better if he thinks I'm asleep.

"Such a sweet, smart soul. I wonder what demon poisoned your brain to make you dream such bad fantasies."

He presses his lips to my forehead softly, caressing my skin with soft touches, stardust of feelings, down to the tip of my nose. He wraps his arms around my body hesitantly, but as soon as he gets the hang of it, he intertwines our legs too.

I do my "subconscious" part by wrapping my arms around him since he did the rest, and somehow, it just feels right. It felt right having Dominic so close to me. I feel protected, for once I feel safe.

"Alistair, wake up, Braxton's downstairs with a bunch of people

"Alistair, wake up, Braxton's downstairs with a bunch of people."

I didn't think twice to jump up, but a vine of limbs keep my down. "Charlie, Braxton's what?" I mutter, trying to detangle myself from Dominic's arms. He's anchoring me to my bed, turning us into a human burrito with blankets wrapped around us snugly.