Chapter 1

"Stop crying you little baby. I barely touched you!" My father yelled furiously. There were tears rolling down my face and bruises all over my body.
"You call this barely hitting me?" I pointed at the spot on my arm that he just slapped. I looked up and I see a fist coming at my face. I guarded my face and he punched my forearm. He shook his head and walked away.
Okay, so you may not understand my story, but here it goes. I'm Jessica Mae Lancaster, I'm 15 years old and I'm supposed to be getting adopted today. I was beaten as a child until I was 10 and they took me away from my parents. They were the drunk abusive parents that you see on tv and can't believe they would beat there own child. When they took me away they couldn't find my dad, but arrested my mom and she was sentenced for life.
Like I said I am getting adopted today, but I'll have a family with a mother and a father and I know I will have an older sister. I'm just a little nervous what if they don't like me, what if they beat me as well. What if.....
*knocking on the door*
"Jessica your new family's here." Mrs. Smith says, she has been taking care of my all these years. I feel my body shaking as I step outside the door with my bags. Mrs. Smith and I hug as she says,"I will miss you and trust me I will never forget you." Tears run down my face and I look over and see a group of people standing there. This is them; this is my family. Mrs. Smith guides me slowly over there as they introduce themselves to me.
"I'm your mom. This is your dad. This is your sister Veronica and you brother Emery." I shyly wave and look at my new father. He reminds me of my real dad, Long white/gray beard and tall. I gave my mom a hug, shook my dads hand, hug Veronica, and shook Emery's hand. We all hop in the car and start heading home.
" what would you like to eat??" My mother asks me.
"I don't really mind what we eat."
"What's your favorite food??" Veronica asks.
"Pizza. To be honest I'm a little fatty?? " I respond and we all start laughing.
"Okay first of all you're not fat and second pizza it is." Emery replies.
I feel like I'm going to like this family.😊
///////////////////////////////////////
Thank you guys so much for reading. As you can tell I don't get many reads but I appreciate the ones who do read my stories. So it's my first FIYM fanfic tell me what you think in the comments. Love y'all❤️