Chapter 29

Dedicated to: JelloZangela Hi internet friend 😂😝❤️
-----------------------------------------
Run! A voice shrieks. But not just any voice. A voice in my head. I look around and see that I'm not in my usually place, running on the pavement. I'm in the house that was discovered in my last dream. I turn around and see that the front door is still ajar. Run! The voice yells once more.

I place one foot in front of the other and start running but the distance between myself and the door keeps increasing with every step I take. The door slowly closes and I decide to stop.
My legs guide me to the stairs. The creaking being overpowered by my trying to refill my lungs with oxygen.

Before I know it, I'm in my room. I walk to the window seeing nothing at first but upon closer inspection, I see a graveyard a couple yards away from the house, with one tombstone on it. Suddenly a tree appears next to the small graveyard. On one of the branches, a body lifelessly hangs with a rope around its neck. I could only see the back of this person, but then it slowly turns around revealing Anthony as the corpse.

I push away from the window and cover my mouth with my hands. Then I feel hands. Cold, slimy hands on my back. I run away from them and into the corner of the room. I now see the black figure once more.

It's distorted voice laughs at my fear. I try to cover my ears but as I do the laughing gets louder and louder.

"I know you saw that tombstone out there." The figure says.

I don't reply.

"That's for you. When I'm done with you." The figure says.

The distortion of the voice shifts from a female one to a demonic one as it says this.

With a flash it pulls out a gun and aims it at me. My body freezes, making it impossible to move. I am somehow pinned up against the wall, arms and legs spread out.
The figure wraps it's black finger around the trigger and shoots. The bullet hits me just above my hip.

I scream in pain.

Another shot fired and it hits me square in the knee cap.

The figure laughs right in my face. I am too weak to pull away.

I wake up shivering and sweating at the same time. I try to move but I can't. My body felt completely numb.

Once the numbness subsided, I reach to the area where I was shot first.
Silly I know, but it calmed me down when I obviously didn't find any bullet hole. I grab my phone to check the time. 2:12 am. I've been asleep for about four hours.

I need someone with me so I can fall asleep. I'm pretty sure Mitch is asleep now. Scott might still be awake. Ugh, Rachel you are sixteen years old. You should be able to get over a nightmare.

I close my eyes but I can't help opening them to make sure that that figure wasn't there watching me.

Nope, I can't do this.

I get up from bed and turn my lamp off. I walk out and to Mitch's room first. I softly open his door and see that he is  in a deep sleep. I close the door gently and walk down the hallway to Scott's room.

I wonder why they don't sleep in the same bed.

I reach his door and hear that the TV is on. I knock three times.

"Who is it?"

"Rachel. Can I come in?"

"Yeah."

I slowly open the door revealing a shirtless and most likely pantless Scott, comfortable under the covers of his king size bed.

"What's wrong baby?" He asks.

"I can't sleep. I keep having these nightmares."

Scott reaches his arm out to me while the other lifts the covers. Sure enough, he was only in his boxers.

I walk over and climb inside. He wraps his long, toned arms around me and I rest my head on his chest.

"What was the nightmare about?" He asks.

I hesitate. Not sure if I want to tell him.

But what is the big deal? Why don't I want to tell anybody? Do the nightmares mean something?

I tell him everything all in precise detail. I tell him the very first nightmare to the one I just had.

"What do you think it means?" I ask.

"I don't know. My best guess it's because of everything that's going on in your life right now that you're brain is just turning everything into a nightmare."

"But everything should be better now right? I mean I'm with you guys now." I say a little frustrated.

"Give it time Rach. Okay?"

I take a deep breath in and nod my head.

"How come you and Mitch don't sleep in the same bed?" I ask, completely changing the subject.

"Two reasons. Mitch can't stand my snoring and by not sleeping in the same bed we miss each other more. That's how a relationship stays together. You have to miss the person sometimes."

"Oh. Makes sense."

He softly chuckles.

"We were so worried that you would hate the fact that we adopted you." Scott says after a short silence.

"Why?" I ask in confusion.

"Well......because......" His voice trails off.

"Just tell me."

"Because you would have two dads instead of a mom and a dad. You know how people are about this."

I was shocked that this was coming out of Scott's mouth. He was such a huge supporter of the LGBTQ+ community that I would think this concern would be the last of their worries or not a worry at all. Scott was the one who taught me to never care about what other people think about you and to just be your true self.

"Well you don't have to worry because I don't mind." I say.

Scott replies by giving me a quick squeeze and a kiss on the head.

"Not looking forward to all the paperwork we have to do. It's amazing how many papers we have to sign to take full custody of you. " Scott says.

"Must be a lot." I say.

"You have no idea. Try to get some sleep now." Scott says.

I needed something to distract me though. So I match my breathing with Scott's and I count his heartbeats until I drift off to sleep.

----------------------------------------------
Hey y'all wassup! Hope you liked this chapter. It's was more of a filler than anything else. But let me warn you now. The next chapter is going to be.....eventful.
I got a riddle for you
When is a door not a door?
(Teen Wolf fans should know this)
❤️Sofia