Separation Anxiety.

“Do you really have to go?” I murmur, holding back my tears.

            I feel Teegan wrap his arms from behind me, his lips finding my neck to delicately kiss me.

            “I’m sorry,” he says for the millionth time.

            I sigh, closing my eyes, feel dead with emotionless. I was feeling hopeless and depressed.

            With Teegan having to leave to Chicago for business trips often, it was starting to take a toll on me.

            I hated coming home to an empty apartment and vacant bed.

            I guess you never really know the privilege of having someone warm your bed until they’re gone.

            “it won’t be that long, only a few weeks. We’ll Skype every night,” Teegan murmurs as I dwell in the warmth of his arms, feeling broken.

            The first tear hits the back of his hand with his arms wrapped around me.

            Turning me around, Teegan carefully wipes my tears away, a forlorn expression on his face.

            “Baby, don’t cry. You know I hate it when you cry,” he says carefully, trying to smile.

            More tears slide down my face and I can’t even hold them in. it wasn’t like the first time he left. I knew what to expect. I knew what cold nights spent along felt like. I knew what the ache of being alone truly felt like- Here in New York, I had no family.

            I never kept in touch with Carmina and as for my mother, I rarely talked to her.

            Teegan was the only person I had.

            A sob escapes my lips and I lower my head, dizzy and hollow with an ache in my heart.

            Teegan runs his hands through my hair, cupping my head to tilt it up towards him.

            “Stop,” he chokes out, his eyes red.

            I know I was making it harder then necessary, but I don’t know what it was- something about his leaving and the combined dread of not wanting to be alone made me hysterical.

            Teegan swallows hard, looking away to stare up at the ceiling, his warm hands prickling goosebumps across my skin.

            “T-Take pictures with the boys and Blythe,” I choke out.

            “Aria, stop. Don’t do this to yourself,” Teegan tells me, his lips zeroed in on my lips.

            This was mostly my fault. I was extremely busy with the arts school now that Mrs. Ella transferred the management to me. I was now working everyday- teaching 500 girls in music.

            Teegan’s lips brush against my forehead, sliding gently down to capture my lips as he holds my hands against his chest.

            I can feel the steady beat of his heart drumming against my hands, the taste of his lips intoxicating with the mix of tears in them.

            “Love you too,” I whisper softly, his hands releasing mine to trail down to my waist.

            Never breaking the kiss, Teegan gently pushes me back until the back of my legs hit the bed.