No One Heard

Picture a girl, so young and happy, she lived such a simple blissful life. It wasn't until the age of eight, when things started to change. Where she spend her time playing and laughing about anything, where she sat in a bathroom staring at a bottle of painkillers. Everything seemed perfect in everyone else's eyes. She hid her pain in the smiles she always wore. A little girl who grew up to fast in so much disappointment and pain. No one knew that when she laughed, inside she was screaming for help. But no one heard. No one heard the cries of a broken little girl.

Then picture this girl emerging her teenage years. She thought middle school would be her safe haven. Now she sat in her room in tears wondering if life could get any worse. Maybe if her grandfather was home she could ask him for advice, all she can do is grip onto her pencil and watch her tears soak the notebook paper. Eighth grade came around. All smiles and laughs. She knew it wouldn't last long, but she cherished every moment. The smile was as bright as her shinning eyes. She didn't need to pretend with anyone in eighth grade. Late at night she would cry, knowing it was only time to say goodbye to the memories she will always cherish forever.

Now picture this girl as she walks into the half full classroom. High school. She didn't know what she would face in the years to come. The first person to approach her and she knew she was in for it, yet she wasn't prepared. All the hurt and heartbreak she would face and she didn't even know where to turn. She was in a middle of a cross road. So many ways to turn. All the confusion flooded her veins as she started to realize now it was to late to turn back. Why did she choose that path? Now she has to face a pain she was so familiar with. She turned her head. A silent tear rolling down her face. Those were the painful ones. She smiles and laughs, but she is hoping that someone will save her before it's to late. It seems no one can hear the scream and cry for help. She is lost in all the pain she grew up with. As she looks at the scars on her arms. She will always have that painful reminder of everything she let get to her. No one heard. No one heard the cry of a broken little girl.