My Book of Adventures

The day I discovered I can trust the binding of a book and the typing of a whole new world, is when I finally discovered the true meaning of trust and love. I started reading more when I was in fourth grade, but 7th grade is when I discovered I can only rely on the stories and authors that put them out there for the world to read. A binding of a book isn’t just some piece of paper or whatever that holds a book together, it’s what holds a journey that is waiting to be open and cherished. Books are the reason why I started writing little stories and poems in the first place.

When I held my first big book, I had no idea just how much one little thick book could hold. And as I opened it up I fell into a whole world I never knew existed. Of all the princesses and princes my parents would let me read, it had nothing compared to what I held in my hand that very day. Being dragged into fantasy, mystery, humor, and love, I knew I found my true meaning in the world. I could get lost in a book just by reading the back of the cover. You know the saying “Never judge a book by its cover”? I was one of them, back when I thought reading was boring and a punishment. Now I made up with so many books I stared at and put back on the shelf so many times. And as I held onto the very first book that will always hold true meaning to me, I will never let go, and when it’s lost, I know deep down it will always be there, waiting for me to find it and hold it forever always. The Tale of Despereaux, the one book that caught my attention when I was in a very dark place. Though I don’t have it no more, I know one day I will find it and cherish it for as long as I live.

You will always find me or catch me so deep in a book, rather it be online or the actual book itself. Though I prefer holding the heavy book in my hands, I will never turn my back on an opportunity to read whenever I can, or how I can read it. My love and loyalty for books lay within my very being. No matter where, how, and when, I will always read. No matter the genre, no matter the size. I will lose myself in a book. From dragons and knights, to a small town with a high school girl who is never noticed, to trying to solve the mystery, to magic and weird creatures of the light and dark, to werewolves and vampires. I have read them all, from nonfiction and fiction, to biography and historical. You will find me reading just about anything in this small world. Because in my world of reading, this world is truly a big, magical place. Though I prefer to be in a world of blood drinking vampires and knights saving the damsel in distress, and talking animals and creatures. I will find this imperfect world somewhat beautiful. I viewed the world differently when I opened up my first book. And though this world scares me, it’s home. My books are home. And soon you will find my book of adventures and you will find the true meaning behind every book you walked past and simply ignored.