Chapter 2

“She's got a killers grin on or maybe I'm just too jaded now…My god the killer is waiting….” Riley’s voice trilled while she sang on top of her lungs, jumping around the apartment.

“Maybe I should get you an Auto-tune headpiece and call it a day…” Clair muttered and pressed the “off” button on the stereo, silencing the music.

Riley spun in her tracks and frowned while resting her hand on her hips. “Claire you’re such a fun sucker!” She complained and continued humming the tune under her breath. “Why are you orange?” Riley cocked an eyebrow after noticing that her roommate was completely naked and covered by a glistening, orange lotion.

“I’m fake tanning.” Claire replied dryly and ripped the disposable pair of rubber gloved off her hand, tossing them into the trash. “And you should follow my lead if you’re planning on getting that job at the boxing ring.” She repeated and walked to the mirror, barefoot.

“Hun, I need no fake tans, I’m one-third Dominican.” Riley smirked, referring to her flawless, caramel colored skin.

“Yeah and another third Japanese.” Claire smirked while examining her body in front of the mirror. “Is my ass fat?” She chewed the inside of her cheek while puckering her lips.

“No.” Riley said distantly.

“Ri you didn’t even look…” Claire sighed in annoyance, “Well?!” She groaned, waiting for a reply.

“Claire your ass is fine, just put your clothes on already and let’s go...!” Riley pleaded and pulled a hoodie over her head. “C’mon, we’re gonna be late and they’ll fire us.”

“How can they fire us if we haven’t even been hired yet?” Claire snickered and popped mint-flavored candy into her mouth, letting the fizzy spheres melt on her tongue. “Besides, I need to leave the tan on for 10 more minutes, I can’t get dressed yet. It’ll stain my clothes!” Claire whined.

Riley’s eyes seemed to be on the verge of popping out of their sockets. “Claire are you fucking kidding me?! Gosh, how can you be so irresponsible?!” She called through gritted teeth. “That’s it…” She huffed and grabbed her embellished purse.

“Where ya going?” Claire cocked a neatly groomed eyebrow.

“To get a job, without you holding me back!” Riley hissed and slammed the door shut, making the crystals on the chandelier click like wind pipes.

“Whatever, crazy bitch…” Claire rolled her large blue eyes and walked down the hall, swaying her hips from side to side.

 Less than thirty minutes later she was fully dressed with her face makeup and hair done, parking her car in the lot behind the boxing ring. It was already night time and the city-lights and neon signs gleamed everywhere.

She made her way inside the building and rushed down the stairs to the basement where the arena was located. Hundreds of people were already standing in line, making their way inside in pairs.

Claire managed to push her way through the crowd, pushing against the bodies. Luckily she was rather tall and athletic and soon found herself facing the guard. “God tickets pretty face?” He smirked while scanning her body.

“I’m here for the ring girl position.” She replied just as dryly, holding her pass in front of his pace. His lips curled in dissatisfaction and he stepped aside to remove the velvet rope and let her in.

She quickly rushed to the backrooms and soon spotted Riley, who was dressed in the tiniest bikini Clair had ever seen in her life. “Nice rack.” Claire smirked teasingly and threw her purse on a nearby armchair.