Prologue

*edited*

The sound of thunder echoed through the palace halls. Rain poured heavily upon the concrete roof, the wind blew a cold breeze inside the castle through its drafted walls.

The ear-piercing shriek of the queen clashed in with the thunder's mighty roar that shook the whole palace.

"One, two, three... Push!" The midwife cried as she helped the queen give birth to the new babe of the kingdom.

The queen panted. Her chest rising and falling rapidly.

"Sienna-I can't do it-anymore-" The queen tried to catch her breath while talking to her midwife.

"My queen, you must not stop now. The babe is almost out! Just another big push my queen!"

Queen Sabine screamed and pushed her hardest just to get her child out of her womb.

The tension from uderneath her vanished, and was replaced by the beautiful sobs of her newborn child.

"My queen, she's a girl! We have a princess!" The midwife cried in joy while cleaning the newborn.

The queen couldn't stop her tears from falling.

A baby girl, she thought.

"M-may I hold her?" The queen looked at her midwife with joyous eyes and her hands outstretched.

"Of course you may m'lady." Sienna placed the (now clean) newborn into her mother's arms.

The little princess that fussed and cried a little while ago quieted down in her mother's arms.

Queen Sabine took her finger and let her baby take a hold of it.

The doors of the room burst open,"Where is she?"

"Your Maj-"

The little princess started crying once more startled by her father's outburst.

King Thomas whipped his head to the direction of the cry.

His eyes softened as he saw his queen and princess together.

"Is that-" The king started with tears welling up in his eyes.

"Tom, meet our little princess, Marinette." Queen Sabine managed to calm down their little princess while King Tom walked closer to his family.

The king took the babe from his wife's arms and looked at the others in the room,"May you leave us for a moment."

The attendant and midwife nodded and excused themselves, shutting the door as they left.

The king looked at his child that rested on his arms.

"Hello little one," tears slip down his face and into his beard.

The queen looked at her family, chest rising and falling rapidly, her breath was becoming shallow by the second, the vision from her sight was slowly fading.

She was so tired and her eyes wanted to close. The grip she had on her husband's arm and her grip on the little darling loosened.

The king snapped his head back to his beloved, with the baby still in his hands, sensing his wife's sudden weak touch.

"Sabine?!"

"Thomas, I'm tired." She said in a small fading voice.

"Nonononono! Sabine you can't leave us." King Thomas clutched Queen Sabine's cheek while holding there baby in the other.

"Thomas..."

The queen's voice was slowly quieting down, her breaths were getting shorter, and softer.