Unexpected

Maiden ladybug

Blonde hair, green eyes, rich clothing, a horse, guards, good manners, and a king for a father? What was going on here? When my father introduced me to the other party I was so confused.

It's a little too early for guests.

Especially for a party that would last all week.

My mother wanted a "grand" ball in celebration of me becoming a true woman.

Sure.

Whatever.

Anyway, back to the situation at hand; what were they doing here?! I was freaking out in the inside. My knees were shaking and I was trying my hardest not to fall apart.

"I'm assuming you haven't told her," the slim, bleached haired king said.

My father looked flustered, he started to rub his neck, and looked everywhere besides the other man's eyes.

The king sighed, "Very well Thomas. I shall be telling her myself."

He faced me with a face void of emotion, "Your highness,"  He bowed, "this is my son and your future husband."

Husband?!

I looked at the blonde haired man in front of me. The word husband ran through my head.

I'm calm.

Completely.

Utterly.

Calm.

"Your highness?" I finally snapped out of my trance, and I saw green.

Gorgeous green emerald orbs that seemed to stand out considering the red veil that was covering me. They bore into my plain blue ones, and I slowly got lost in them.

"Your highness?"

I snapped out of my eye color daydream, "Yes?"

The prince held out his hand, "Shall we go in?"

All I could do was nod. He took my hand and gently led me inside the castle and into the dining room.

I was so sure that I shouldn't be feeling these emotions. They were unexplainable and distracting; I had no time for these things. Especially since they planned this without my consent.

I could feel myself drowning slowly under the dark depths of the ocean. They were controlling my life again; It felt like I never had I choice in this world.

I could've been in a fairytale, in which MY prince would come and whisk me away to paradise just like I've imangined.

But no.

That would never happen

I am a puppet, and that is all I'll ever be.

A toy that is to be played and controlled for entertainment.

The adults were walking ahead and were talking in hushed whispers ahead of us.

"Hey."

I slowly looked at the almost forgotten male prince, smiling slightly beside me. I walked slower and looked at him; not really saying a word (he wouldn't really see my face anyway).