Your Majesty (Sam x shy!Reader)

Summary: The Reader is a new member of the Avengers, and she is very shy. Her healing powers actually come in handy quite a lot, but she doesn't see how valuable she really is. However, Sam Wilson does. He lets her know just how important she is to him by calling her 'Your Majesty', helping the reader come out of her shell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV

As I run, I let off all my steam built up over the week. So much has happened since I joined the Avengers. I'm not much of a fighter, but my job is to heal my other teammates as they get hurt on the battlefield.

To be honest, I don't understand why they have me on the team. There's dozens of nurses that have advanced technology that's nearly as good as my healing powers.

I run faster when that thought pops in my head. Keep running. I can't let these thoughts plague my life anymore. It'll get someone else hurt if I freak out during an emergency. Plus, I also want to train to get stronger so that I'm as helpful as possible.

The brisk morning air nips at my exposed features. I can see my breath turn to small clouds as I'm breathing heavily. I love these kind of mornings. I felt at peace being able to run by myself, pushing all my negative thoughts out through exercise. And I thought I was alone, but then a certain someone came running up next to me.

"Your Majesty! How is your run on such a fine morning?" Sam teases, nudging my arm playfully. I blush from the annoying nickname he gave me, avoiding eye contact from my sudden timid nature.

"I-I'm fine." I answer quietly. I can feel Sam's gaze still staring at me, and I can sense the stupid grin on his lips.

"Well, I was thinking maybe you would come to lunch with the rest of the gang later today? I noticed how you always sit alone, so maybe you'd want company?" He asks politely.

"Um... t-thank you, but I-I prefer to sit alone..." I reply, trying to turn his offer down as nicely as possible.

"Oh, okay. Whatever you want, Your Majesty." Sam says sadly, but still smirking from my nickname.

He then races ahead of me to show off how fast he is, but this only crushes my confidence even more. I'll never be as good as them...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After my morning run, I head back inside to start my training with Wanda. She's been helping me develop my magical abilities for a few weeks now, and I've actually seen improvements.

"Alright, Y/n. Hold out your hand and concentrate." Wanda instructs.

I do as she says and focus on the target. I seem to have general magic powers, but for some reason it manifests into healing most of the time. With Wanda's help, I'm able to explore every possibility of my powers. However, when she's not helping, I can only seem to produce healing abilities.

They all say that even just my healing is more than enough help, but I want to be so much more. I want to prove how powerful I really am and how useful I can be.

My mind drills in on the target 10 feet away from me, and then I force it to start levitating. Wanda cheers me on, and I keep it up with ease. Feeling proud of myself, I start to move the target around more. I'm really getting the hang of it, but then...

"Woah! You're doing great, Y/n!" Sam exclaims, slamming the door open. I accidentally freeze the target in a block of ice from being startled. When I suddenly loose focus from being scared or angry, my magic powers go crazy and do something random.

"Sam! Y/n was doing so well!" Wanda scolds, slapping his head with some paperwork rolled into a tube.

"Sorry, sorry. But Your Majesty, I needed to tell you something. Tony says that he demands your presence at lunch today." Sam informs me with a chuckle.

"I'm starting to wonder who the real 'queen' of our team is." Wanda jokes, earning a laugh from both Sam and me.

"Tell him I'll be there... I-I don't know if I'll stay, but you can't really say no to Tony..." I reply, remembering the last time I tried to refuse one of Tony's demands.

"Alright, see you ladies at lunch!" He shouts back at us as he runs out the door.

"I'm glad you're finally sitting with us today, Your Majesty." Wanda teases with a warm smile. "I know it's hard to open up to a group like them, but once you do, you have a family. And we're all excited to have you in our family. We all love you, Y/n."

Mt face heats up from her words, and my heart melts. "T-thank you, Wanda. I really appreciate that."

"Though, I think Sam loves you the most." She smirks at me. I feel my face turn an even deeper shade of red from that.

"W-what is that supposed to mean??"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright everyone! I'd like to thank you all for being here! Especially Y/n! Who finally stopped being a lonely weirdo to sit with us!" Tony boasts wth open arms.

"T-tony!" I stutter out.

"Let our mini, midday feast begin!" Everyone rolls their eyes from Tony's unnecessary drama.

Everyone starts chowing down, but I feel nervous eating in front of others. That's why I've always sat alone during meals.

"Pst... Your Majesty... you okay?" Sam whispers, winking at me whilst taking a huge bite of his sandwich.

I only nod to him, looking down at my lap. I can see him stop eating from the corner of my eye.

"Hmm... well that's right! A queen cannot simply feed herself! She has her loyal servant to do that for her!" Sam giggles. I look up to ask him what the hell that means, but he then pops a grape into my mouth.

I let out a surprised squeak when he does so, but eat the grape to let me talk again.

I open my mouth to protest, but he pops another grape in my mouth. I'm blushing madly now, angrily chewing the grape, and trying to stop him from feeding me.

"S-Sam!" I say as he pops another grape in my mouth. "Quit it!"

He wraps an arm around me, pulling me close to his chest. "No way! You're royalty, and you must be treated as such! Now shush and let your humble servant do his job."

And with that he gently feeds me another grape. I slowly stop fighting it and just let him do whatever. I'd never admit it, but it was kind of fun.

"Your Majesty, would you like a sip of my water?" Sam asks with a smirk. I blush fiercely, but still nod a yes. I knew he would probably make me drink anyways, so why protest?

I take a small sip from his glass of water, but some of it dribbles down my chin.

"Such a clumsy queen!" Sam laughs. He picks up a napkin and wipes my face slowly, examining my facial features as he does so.

"T-thanks..." I mumble under my breath. At this point, we're both so focused on each other that we don't even notice all of the others staring. Not to mention, Tony's taking a million  pictures.

Although it took a while, I finally built up my confidence with Sam's help. I can now fully control my magic abilities thanks to Wanda's training. And every day, I'm treated like royalty by my sweet King. Life is wonderful. I guess his silly 'Your Majesty' nicknames really paid off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I hope you like this oneshot of a shy reader and Sam! I read a request from a while ago about this prompt, and I thought it was cute so I finally wrote it!

If you liked it please make sure to vote and comment on your thoughts!

Feel free to request anything as well!

Thank you so much for reading!!