PROLOGUE

Damien a dark skinned man of average height with a voice not too deep and not too light,just normal,thin,within the age group of 27 to 30 years of age,meticulously dressed and was very gentle. He was alone in a bedroom of a three bedroom apartment just staring at the ceiling when Mike,one of his friends entered the room. Mike was a tall dark guy who had a deep voice,also very gentle,and was around 28 years of age dressed in a sky blue T-shirt and black trousers. He started a conversation which led to another until they started talking about some accounting books as they were accountants in a bank. Victor also joined them in the room. Victor was a light skinned man of average height,had a deep voice,a little facial hair,very agile and was smartly dressed. "Don't you guys know that this evening is Daniel's birthday party?" Victor said without even saying a little greeting. "Hey Victor, good day. It's true" said Damien. "I guess I will have to attend the party so let me get prepared" Mike said. Mike stood up,went to his room and got dressed up. Apparently, these young men were living in a rented apartment which they all contributed money to pay for at the end of every year. "Damien how about you,aren't you coming along? said Victor. "Nah,I don't think so" Damien replied. "You must be joking" Victor said. "No I'm not" Damien replied.
Victor was able to persuade Damien to come to the party which of course Damien wasn't doing from the bottom of his heart, but he had to do it for friendship. So Damien stood up and got dressed up for the party. They were all prepared and ready to go.
Victor was from a very rich family background and had just received a Mercedes-Benz maybach 2016 model from his parents. He offered to take them to the party which they agreed to because he was the only one among the three of them who had a car so they concurred and followed him. On the way,they stopped at a gift shop, Mike and Victor came down and bought birthday gifts for Daniel. Damien was so concentrated and busy with his phone that he didn't know when the car had stopped so he wasn't able to buy any gift for Daniel. Mike and Victor got back in the car and continued the journey still leaving Damien out of the picture. Mike and Victor were having a gist, talking about how they would meet new girls there but Damien just kept his mouth shut because he had it in mind that he will just sit till the end of the party. "Damien,what's wrong?" Mike asked. "Nothing much" Damien replied. "So why aren't you talking?" Mike asked with concern. "I wondered too but I just kept shut" Victor chipped in. "I'm okay but it's nice to know how much my friends care about me" said Damien. They all laughed about it. They talked and talked until they reached a very big garden where Victor found a parking spot and parked the car.