O N E

1.

I was furious. I mean graduation day was supposed to be the best days of your life but right now I felt like I could deal with doing some time for murder. I stormed through the school's almost empty halls like a predator would when searching for prey. My eyes were ablaze with fury as I walked. Finally I reached my destination.

I stopped in the middle of the hall, with my arms firmly crossed as I glared daggers at the pair holding hands. I was seething.

It wasn't the first time I'd caught my boyfriend of which I loved and adored getting down and dirty with another girl, but we had certain unspoken rules in which I would turn a blind eye to what he did as long as he kept it on the down low and didn't humiliate me, and we'd both been happy with that. I was loyal and lenient, and in turn I got to keep my prestine reputation around school, and carry on being the most envied and adored couple around. All whilst the boy I loved pranced around banging anything that moved-or didn't.

I cleared my throat and grabbed the attention of said boy, he turned around so quickly I was surprised he didn't get whiplash.

I remembered the first time I'd caught him in bed with another girl. I was hysterical. I was sobbing and screaming, I even threw my drink on him. We'd done the whole break up thing, and I'd done the whole hard to get thing. But I ended up forgiving him just as quickly as I'd dumped him. And when I caught him for the second time I'd already mentally prepared myself, and I was seemingly unaffected by it. Even though deep down I was just as hysterical as the first time, I kept asking myself why I wasn't good enough for him to stay loyal, but I quicly realized that you couldn't change a player, but I could still save my reputation.

And I had, I'd salvaged my reputation, I'd staid at the top end of the high school food chain and I'd been the best I could be, I'd been able to stay like that throughout the whole high school experience. And now as we reached the end Matt was about to trash that reputation.

"Oh my God, Lexie..."Matt broke off. He seemed genuinely apologetic.

The red head standing next to him look down at the ground in an ashamed manner and I couldn't help but shake my head at how naïve she was. I looked him up and down. At first glance you could tell why I was attracted to him, with his blonde hair and blue eyes. Tanned skin and just enough muscle to make him look sporty but not like a gym addict. He was the definition of what people described as a good boy. It was just too bad that his personality was the complete opposite. He was the devil in desguise, and I would swear on the bible with that statement.

"We're over, Matt." I said. The decision was made quickly and swiftly. I never intended to say it though, because if we could just stay together for a couple more weeks I could get through it. But instead I was going to recieve fake sympathetic looks.

"What?" He asked suprised.

I sighed and rubbed my temples before I looked at the girl. She was gorgeous I had to admit. With crazy red hair and vibrant green eyes. She was the opposite of me, with a short delicate frame that made her seem like a frail red rose. But every rose had it's thorns.

"You're welcome to him, honey." I said softly. The girl who had the decency to look ashamed looked up at me, she bit her lip in a guilty manner and I once again shook my head at her gently. I wasn't going to make her life hell or start shouting because she was probably a sweet girl, but I did feel dissapointed, "But just remember that once a cheater always a cheater."

With that said I walked away, my anger dissapating. Until Matt yanked me back, I turned to look around and watched as he licked his dry lips, "Seriously? Are you really going to start this again?" He asked raising an eyebrow in my direction.

"No Matt. I'm not going to do it again. Because this time I'm serious. There is a new me. And that me doesn't include you." I spat angrily before I pulled my hand out of his grip and walked out of the school for the last time.

This was supposed to be a magical moment in my life, were I ran out with my friends, giggling and joking at how we never had to return. Yet here I was, alone and heartbroken.

My fast paced walking quickly turned into a sprint as I ran out of the gate. And although I received a few strange looks, which I expected considering I was running down the road in my cap and gown, mascara smudged as unwanted tears gently escaped. I felt so weak.

I soon stopped running as I reached the twon centre. I looked around the bustling streets and decided that I wanted to go to home already. I wanted to crawl into my bed and just sleep. So I glanced around, making sure that no one that I knew was around.

With a dejected sigh I walked over to the bus stop, a breath of air escaping my lips as I wiped away the stray tears. As the bus arrived I saw a car drive past filled with four boys, the car was more like a truck and it was beautiful. I may have focused more on the car than I did with the boys. I couldn't dwell too much however since I got the feeling that the bus driver was getting pissed off.

But just as I was about to get on the bus a gush wind knocked my cap off. I didn't bother chasing after it because it was just another painful reminder of everything. I paid for a ticket and dragged myself to the back of the bus, where I sank into the seats and held my head in my hands.

As the bus started moving, I pulled my gown off. It left me in a gorgeous white dress that reached my mid-thigh and a pair of heels that I'd master running in.

I looked out of the window as yet another stray tear rolled down.