F O U R

BreeInBookland  for all of the support! Thank you so much! x

4.

And that was how I ended up in a ballroom with one of my mother's elegant and puffy dresses from her youth and her own gala's, with a pair of sky high heels and a wolf mask covering my feature. My platinum hair fell down my shoulders in crazy waves and curls, and gently fell in my face. I brushed off any dirt I had on my lilac almost blue dress that matched my mask.

"Kayleigh?" I asked as I looked over at her, Kayleigh looked up at me raised an eyebrow. She had decided to be a cliche by letting Jess do her makeup, and chose her dress and do her hair. So now instead of looking pretty, my gorgeous little sister looked even more gorgeous making me envy her even more. She had a white mask on that she held to her face by the white stick attached to it. She wore a white puffy dress that resembled a victorian wedding dress except it had gold specks on it. Her hair was curled tightly and all in all she looked like she'd time travelled.

I looked around and then looked back at her, "Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked quietly.

"It's a brilliant idea!" She said, but before I could voice my thoughts I'd lost sight of her. I sighed and shook my head.

I started to walk around, attempting to see someone that I knew, but I couldn't. I couldn't even find Jess.

So there I was standing at the bar with a glass of only god knows what. I watched everyone dance and I couldn't help but feel out of place standing there on my own in my mother's dress and a mask hiding my face.

"What are you doing all alone?" Someone asked me. I whizzed around to come face to face with a handsome boy. Which was hard to admit considering I couldn't even see his face. But he looked dashing in a black suit and red tie. His mask was gold and had gorgeous silver details painted onto it. It spread out into what looked like a crown. It must have taken a milenium to paint.

I laughed in embarrasment and shrugged my shoulders, "I'm not a regular."

"I didn't think you were." He mused, making me raise an eyebrow in his direction.

I looked myself up and down and placed a hand on my hip, "What does that mean?" I asked him before I took a sip of my drink.

His cheeks turned a light red colour and he shook his head vigorously, "I didn't mean it like that-I meant that-"

"I'm teasing you!" I laughed, taking pity on him.

He started speaking again but I couldn't concentrate since I saw a familiar figure getting led out of the room by man. I wanted to stay and talk to the handsome stranger but I only came here to take care of my little sister.

"I'm so sorry but I have to go!" I said with a small smile as I interrupted him.

He went to grab my wrist but I quickly dodged him and ran after Kayleigh. My heels clacked on the marble flooring as I chased after her. I ended up running down an empty hallway in my search for Kayleigh, but just as I rounded the corner I bumped into a figure and we both went crashing down.

"Lexie?!" The girl asked in suprise. She quickly jumped up and offered me a hand to help me up.

I signalled at my own mask before I spoke,"I'm sorry, who are you?" She lifted her mask and I laughed as I saw Jess' familiar features, "How did you know it was me?"

"I just guessed." She said shrugging her shoulders. She placed her mask back in place before she hugged me. She also had a gorgeous gold mask on that turned into a tiara. It had the exact same silver detailing as the boy's had. I frowned as I examined her mask.