T W E L V E

12.

It was gruesome and horrific. I had to keep reminding myself of the scene I'd witnessed  just to make me run faster. My heart was slamming against my chest so hard it could had broken my ribs and jumped out of my skin. My arms and legs were shaking so much that my knees kept giving in and I kept almost falling down. I heard my name being called and it just made me run faster.

Everyone had been gathered around looking at this poor little girl who had been tied down with rope to a long log of wood that had been cut off of a tree. The log had been placed in the middle of a pile of wood and paper that surrounded the log in a circle. A fire had already started and was climbing up the wood and towards the girl that look no older than seventeen. The girl screamed so loudly I was suprised that she didn't rip her vocal shreds to pieces. Everyone cheered as the fire ate away, everyone happy and smiling. Soft music played in the background as some people danced and others looked on in pride as the girl struggled and screamed.

The loud pounding of footsteps were as clear as day, reminding me not to slow down. I ran as fast as I did in track, if not faster. All the pain from my foot was long forgotten as I sprinted away from the monsters chasing me.

I reached my car and my heart dropped as I saw my car doors almost ripped off its hinges  and Alex nowhere to be seen. Still I sprinted towards my car. I had around five more steps, I mentally cheered myself on like my coach would when I was competing. I could actually make it. My hand reached out and I was around one step away.

But God was a cruel man, and instead I ended up on the floor, my body smashed against the concrete road and I winced in pain, my face dragged against the floor and I hissed in pain. I kicked at the body who had jumped on top of me and I clawed like an angry mama bear would. Except I was no bear and no mama.

It was my strength against his. And he was far stronger than me.

"Get off me you sick bastard!" I screamed as I wriggled around on the floor trying to get him off me.

Hunter didn't bother doing what I said instead he sat on top of me and pinned my arms above my head. He was panting and I wanted to just head butt him and get him off of me, because I feared that if I didn't I might kiss him. Because I really liked the position we were in.

I could just lean and up press my lips to his and everything would melt away and be fine, but the truth was that he was a monster and I couldn't kiss someone who tied people up and tried to burn them alive.

Although I could just pretend that none of that happened and still kiss him.

No that would be bad.

"I can explain." He panted out, he searched my face but I just glared at him. I looked around his beautifully chiselled face and I was so tempted to just smash my lips to his and be away with it. It was a battlefield in my mind. I was split in two. Kiss him and not give a damn about his explanation or hold a grudge agaisnt him. I knew which one was winning and I wanted to kick myself.

"Lexie you're probably not going to believe me but-" He tried, but I cut him off. My lips pressing against his, he stumbled back and didn't kiss back at first but then he realized what was going on and he started to kiss me back with just as much force. He cupped my face with his hands and I tugged at his hair with my newly freed hands. Forget fireworks this was a god damn bomb going off. Tingles errupting everywhere, hormones going wild and tongues battling it out for control.

Unfourtanetly I remembered that poor girl burning at the stake. I groaned against his lips at what I was about to do. I pulled away from him and pushed him off me. I got up, prepared to run, and I swear every bone in my body was ready to just run away. But I didn't, and instead I sat on the hood of my car expectantly waiting for an explanation.