The Silence.

Things Silence Are Commonly Mistaken For

- You're just in a mood with someone

- You're tired so you don't want to speak to anyone

- You're trying to focus

When someone is silent they are just assumed to be one of those things, maybe sometimes that is the case, but not always. There are 1000000 reasons someone could be silent for, but I'm here to talk about one particular reason. Fear of being hurt.

How Can Not Talking Prevent You From Being Hurt?

Well it's quite simple really, by not talking to anyone, you separate yourself from them, you build a wee Donald Trump style wall between you, (not that I support Donald Trump walls), if you're not interacting with someone, how can they hurt you? Basically, they can't. This may seem like a hard road to take, but maybe it's your last option? If you're at all like me, them you'll feel that you physically can't be hurt anymore, because one more thing might be enough to topple you, to push you off the edge. One more thing, and if would lead to you ending your entire existence! And for what? Someone else? No one in the world can be that important that they deserve that much influence.

Why Would Anyone Want To Do This?

Honestly, no one truly wants to, they treat this as a last resort in most cases. No one wants to do this, just like all the other things they don't want. Like everytime they walk over a bridge the internal voice says jump, like everytime they take medication the internal voice says why not just take them all, like everytime they look in the mirror the internal voice says you aren't good enough. Just to clarify, by they, I am referring to myself and others who feel like me. There will always be that day where suicide is too hard to resist, but you don't succeed, you don't try hard enough, and you think, maybe there's a reason, maybe I stopped myself? Whether or not you discover this reason differs.

People aren't just depressed to be attention seeking, they're depressed because this is how they feel, (or similarly), try to understand.