Chapter Two

10.28.16

This is the shortest chapter I've ever written, I hope it's enough, though.

Enjoy!

~*~

You know, when I first answered the ad for a new roommate, I didn't know what to expect. I needed somewhere to live, and finding a place on my own wasn't going to cut it. So I found an ad that seemed promising.

WANTED: One roommate - M or F
Looking for an independent person, but open to hanging out once in awhile. Friendly, but not too friendly, I need my space.

The apartment has two rooms, one bathroom, a small kitchen and a living space. Once arrangement is agreed upon, apartment expenses will then be discussed (furniture, kitchen supplies, etc.). Your share of rent will consist of $410.

I answered her through email, and we seemed to get along fine and understand each other's wants, so we agreed. Now, halfway through the semester and she does this. Yeah, she's brought guys home before, but they're usually confined to her room. And while not super quiet, I could generally get some sleep. Now I'm wondering if this had happened before during other times I wasn't at the apartment. Ugh. I need to take a shower.

"Hey! Hold up!" I slow from my near running pace as I allow Sean to catch up to me. My fists clench by my side as I fight to contain my anger and disgust. Is there a memory eraser? Oh hell. This is all new nightmare material. A shudder runs down my spine at what I just witnessed. Never. Again.

"Hey, hey," Sean says once more, grabbing my upper arm. His touch brings me out of my head momentarily, and I see that I've somehow made it outside. How'd I get so far ahead of him? "Sang, hold on. Where are you going?"

"I don't know, okay? I just know I'm not going back there. Ever." I'm fuming now. I might have been able to forgive her defacing our shared furniture if she hadn't left me stranded at the arena. I can't believe her!

"I can't go back there," I state. "She brought me to the game, bribed me with a free ticket, and ditched me! Left me there alone with no way back to go screw some faceless penis!"

"Okay, you need to calm down," the boy says, his hands resting on my shoulder.

"Don't tell me to be calm!" I snap. Okay, maybe he has a point. His face comes into my line of sight, and I try to focus on it.

"Sang, if you don't calm your breathing, you're going to pass out," he tries reasoning, "and I really would prefer you not pass out on me right now."

"Why? Am I too heavy for you?" I sass. Whoa, Sang, calm your face.

He chuckles, thankfully. "No, not on any other day. I just played hockey for a few hours, and I'm a little tired." He gives me a heart-stopping grin. He's clearly forgiven my outburst. I take the time to try to even out my breathing.

Sean gestures behind him with his thumb. "Though, I'm sure with some effort, the four of us might be able to carry you." He winks at me, letting me know he's teasing. I debate for a moment whether to give him shit. I decide against it and look back towards his car. I'm sure it was closer to the door when we got here.

"Why'd they move the car?" I ask. Were they trying to play a trick on us? I wouldn't put them past it, as Mister Sixty-Nine is one of the inhabitants of the vehicle.

He looks at me like I've lost my marbles. "How out of it were you when you were storming away like some angry goddess?" How many times in one night is this guy going to have me question his realness? Because I swear, no one talks like this. At least to me they don't.